Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soloness

Just got Differin, what should I expect

Hi guys,

I just got differin gel 0.1% and I am kinda scared of it haha I don't know why. Will it be really drying and make your skin red? I am going to start slow I think. I am just going to apply a minimum amount for this first week and see what happens I think

I've used it for about 4 months.

Expect Some sensitivity issues, redness maybe if exposed to sun, or scratching due to sensitivity. I think redness can be avoided, but probably cannot avoid sensitivity (if it exists)

Expect it to clear your pores out better than whatever you've tried.

Do not expect it to "slowdown" the gunk from refilling back up, or stabilizing your sebum levels. It might however help the cloggage be less solid, and appear to breakdown the cloggage, so to speak.

that's it. As always, never expect it to actually treat clogged pores, but who knows, maybe it does work for minor cloggage / and blackheads.

I liked Differen, not as strong at Taz or Retin A. You will probably be able to use it more often and not irratate your skin. Good Luck!

It's a lot more gentle than other stuff I've tried from a doctor,but there's still side effects. Your skin may need time to adjust. Be sure to practice sun safety!

Initial breakouts are a good sign! Don't let it discourage you!

I liked Differen, not as strong at Taz or Retin A. You will probably be able to use it more often and not irratate your skin. Good Luck!

I've been on both Taz and Retin A, and I agree, Differin is a lot gentler. I've been on Differin for a few months now, and I don't experience as much peeling/dryness as I did with Taz and Retin A.

whats the best way to prevent that build up sebum? i have the biggest pores in the world and i need to extract the gunk just about every day in my chin area. I dont know how to treat because im dry and flakey yet i have blackheads and congestion constantly. I will pick out the pore with my tweezer and then apply either differin or sal acid but it will only build up again in a few days..Some are hard and solidified in texture and come out with a gentle flick of the tweezer and others are embedded and are blackheads. Some are also white and if i gently use my blackhead remover a little white string will shoot out and it disappears. If the white string doesnt come out and it tears, it will take forever to heal..What the hell stops or prevents these? I thought maybe i was dry or dehydrated but I use Neutrgena's gentle cleaser and exfoliate twice a week with a serious skin cares glycolic cleanser. Im confused as to how to treat blackhead congested skin on 43 year old skin that is dry and irritated? Ive tried so many things and cannot stop the progression of these things..

yeah i get those to wicky, im 23 male, basically as you say, i extract them and a stringy gunk comes out. I think its from dry skin, my skin seems to make these when its dry, i havnt used nothing but water and honey for the past 3 days and my skin is still dry.

think im going to cut down on the showers, but this will lead to dead skin build up... ugh

cant win