Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sd3331

Need Suggestions For This: Reoccuring Acne

So for 2 years now i have had pretty bad acne. However over the course of the 2 years i have made a drastic change in the way i eat, sleep, and live. A lot of my acne has gone down, i'd say 75%, mainly due to my OCD and meticulous habbits i have formed over the years.

As good as this may seem acne really affects the way i am, as most of you probably know. I still get one or two big pimples, usually stay for a while (like 3-7days), and are usually really red and noticeable. These 2-3 pimples always come back at the SAME spot every 2-3weeks. I can get rid of them for awhile, and when i seem to be in the clear, they come back. These 2-3 pimples are the only ones that really bother me, because they are right under my mouth/right under the corners of my mouth. Im not sure what to do about them.

Background Info:

My eating habbits are great. I don't eat junkfood besides the occaisional pizza/burgers.

I drink more water than anyone else i know. it is all i drink.

I work out every day, and use the sauna almost every day.

My stress levels probably arent worse than anyone else's but i dont think it contributes.

I am currently taking Minocycline, and BP 8% prescribed by doctor.

I never touch my face except when i have to, to pop when the pimple turns white.

Ive changed the way i eat, so no greases really touch my face too much.

I get average amount of sleep as any senior in highschool does.

I shower 2-4 times a day, because of my OCD i feel it necessary that when i get dirty or sweaty at all i need to shower.

The only supplements i take are Protein and Creatine for when i work out.

The pimples start out as just red spots under the corners of my mouth, and then get bigger and bigger, until obviously the white head.

Let me know of any other info i would need to put down.

Again they come into the same spot every 2-3 weeks, they run my life and ive tried EVERYTHING under the sun to get rid of them.

I am contemplating the "drinking sea salt method" haha i dont think this will help much.

I find that the regimen this guy has put out is not neccessary for my skin, although i am by no means a doctor. However i have used all the products in the world including moisturizer and exfoliants and i feel like they do more harm than good have the time.

Thankyou

Edited by sd3331

So for 2 years now i have had pretty bad acne. However over the course of the 2 years i have made a drastic change in the way i eat, sleep, and live. A lot of my acne has gone down, i'd say 75%, mainly due to my OCD and meticulous habbits i have formed over the years.

As good as this may seem acne really affects the way i am, as most of you probably know. I still get one or two big pimples, usually stay for a while (like 3-7days), and are usually really red and noticeable. These 2-3 pimples always come back at the SAME spot every 2-3weeks. I can get rid of them for awhile, and when i seem to be in the clear, they come back. These 2-3 pimples are the only ones that really bother me, because they are right under my mouth/right under the corners of my mouth. Im not sure what to do about them.

Background Info:

My eating habbits are great. I don't eat junkfood besides the occaisional pizza/burgers.

I drink more water than anyone else i know. it is all i drink.

I work out every day, and use the sauna almost every day.

My stress levels probably arent worse than anyone else's but i dont think it contributes.

I am currently taking Minocycline, and BP 8% prescribed by doctor.

I never touch my face except when i have to, to pop when the pimple turns white.

Ive changed the way i eat, so no greases really touch my face too much.

I get average amount of sleep as any senior in highschool does.

I shower 2-4 times a day, because of my OCD i feel it necessary that when i get dirty or sweaty at all i need to shower.

The only supplements i take are Protein and Creatine for when i work out.

The pimples start out as just red spots under the corners of my mouth, and then get bigger and bigger, until obviously the white head.

Let me know of any other info i would need to put down.

Again they come into the same spot every 2-3 weeks, they run my life and ive tried EVERYTHING under the sun to get rid of them.

I am contemplating the "drinking sea salt method" haha i dont think this will help much.

I find that the regimen this guy has put out is not neccessary for my skin, although i am by no means a doctor. However i have used all the products in the world including moisturizer and exfoliants and i feel like they do more harm than good have the time.

Thankyou

I have the same problem! I do have some acne on my forehead and next to nose, but the main problem is under the corners of my mouth. I've been dealing with it since 2,5 years when I first got it at that spot. Sometimes I think oh it is clearing up and then new red spots will form that will eventually lead into whitehead (or not). It also hurts to smile sometimes.

I really hate this!

So Monocycline has not worked for you? Because I might go on oral antibiotics again.

And because of the many pimples I already got (and picked) under my mouth, I have scars and purple/brown spots :S. It never gets the chance to heal because of new spots.