Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redskin

20 something year olds come here

Guest mariacne
I'm 23 as well...and oddly enough my breakouts didn't get too bad until I turned 23 just over 6 months ago (IT'S A CURSE! ;) ) and it has continued to get worse, aggravated by stupid boys and other uneeded stress in my life. It seems sometimes, the more I try, the worse it gets and the more annoyed I become. My tone of my day is typically determined when I wake up and look in the mirror. How many new spots will I have today? My mood is seriously affected. I decide from there what my day will consist of...will I go to work and come immediately home after caking on the makeup (yuck) or will I allow myself to be seen by others. Not to place some sort of special circumstances on being 23 or anything because I know no matter how old you are acne affects you as a whole, but I feel that 23 is a stepping stone in life. It's almost like your quarter life crisis...you are an "adult" and it seems so many things in life are inconsistent and just crazy and all over the place. I have had many of those days in which I think, "wow if only I were acne free like only six months ago I would have nothing to hold me back" BUT is this really true? I think as human beings we just naturally look to the negatives and create mountains. There will always be a reason in life to not smile, but the real trick is to look past that reason and smile anyways :D Be happy with who you are and where you are at right now in your life. I know easier said than done, but I have faith you will get there.

Good luck, my friend!

I'm 23 too and I really feel it's this time in life that life needs to take off, the career starts - you start having serious relationships etc and I'm just stuck at home ugly.

It can't be hormonal at 23... I think it's my high metabolism. What do you think it is? Could it be a food intolerance or something? Are you having other symptoms asides from acne, what's your weight like?

Regards

I'm 23 as well...and oddly enough my breakouts didn't get too bad until I turned 23 just over 6 months ago (IT'S A CURSE! ;) ) and it has continued to get worse, aggravated by stupid boys and other uneeded stress in my life. It seems sometimes, the more I try, the worse it gets and the more annoyed I become. My tone of my day is typically determined when I wake up and look in the mirror. How many new spots will I have today? My mood is seriously affected. I decide from there what my day will consist of...will I go to work and come immediately home after caking on the makeup (yuck) or will I allow myself to be seen by others. Not to place some sort of special circumstances on being 23 or anything because I know no matter how old you are acne affects you as a whole, but I feel that 23 is a stepping stone in life. It's almost like your quarter life crisis...you are an "adult" and it seems so many things in life are inconsistent and just crazy and all over the place. I have had many of those days in which I think, "wow if only I were acne free like only six months ago I would have nothing to hold me back" BUT is this really true? I think as human beings we just naturally look to the negatives and create mountains. There will always be a reason in life to not smile, but the real trick is to look past that reason and smile anyways :D Be happy with who you are and where you are at right now in your life. I know easier said than done, but I have faith you will get there.

Good luck, my friend!

I'm 23 too and I really feel it's this time in life that life needs to take off, the career starts - you start having serious relationships etc and I'm just stuck at home ugly.

It can't be hormonal at 23... I think it's my high metabolism. What do you think it is? Could it be a food intolerance or something? Are you having other symptoms asides from acne, what's your weight like?

Regards

Hi there!

Yeah, this is a really odd time in life to put it lightly...I'm out of college with a semi pointless degree, recently broken up with a boyfriend who caused nothing but drama anymore and still likes to once in a while and am completely fed up with breakouts. To be honest, I think my breakouts may be somewhat caused by hormone levels because I stopped taking the bc pill about a year or so ago due to insurance issues and a few or more months after that I started breaking out (I just went back on it 2 weeks ago so fingers crossed). A few more months after that all the boy drama started and that's when my face really went downhill. Stress for me, I think, is a huge factor! I am trying to create a balanced life and lifestyle that will hopefully in return help my breakouts. I believe the body knows when something is wrong with it and will show it in unexpected ways...like acne. Creating balance and a feeling of inner peace, I truly believe, will have a major impact on both of our lives. That and healthy diet and decent regimen. I'm about normal weight for my height and have a pretty high metabolism (I eat all the time! haha) It could very well be something food related that is aiding in all the craziness. I may be making it up, but I think that oranges and orange juice may throw my system off balance. It's just sooo hard to determine the origin sometimes. Maybe keeping a food journal would help you out. Do you have a daily skin care regiment? Does it include a good moisturizer? I've noticed that is also important.

Hope to hear from you soon :D

Edited by jennipoo87

ah you're a redskin fan, so am I!

anyways I'm 19 but I turn 20 in two months and you would think I'd be looking forward to my birthday, but at this point, I couldn't dread it more. I know I'm gonna have to face family/friends for it and with the condition my skin is in right now, I don't want to face anyone. Especially since I thought I was doing so good, but it's like a one step forward and two steps backward process with skin, I've learned.

Hell yeah Go Skins! I live and die the Redskins

And god damn i just want to be able to talk to girlssssssss... Like i said im not a depressed person, i can live and function in this world with my face, but the one thing i cant do is try to talk to girls cause it always ends up awkward cause i know theyre like wtf is this ugly looking dude. Fucking sucks, see so many beautiful girls everyday at school/work/wherever

21 year old triplet...no acne, just clogged, damaged, oily and red skin. Does it ever end?

I wish all of us Acne.org members had our own place to live together, so that everything would be easier, lol.

Edited by rivercat

24 and have spent 2-4 hours a day since I was 17 on makeup and picking combinedto try to deal with the self consciousness (even when i'm sick or hanging around home). Such a waste of time, and so embarrassing around friends when i was younger and fiance now. i'm not obsessive because i'm vain it's because acne makes me horribly insicure. i especially hate when people comment. "try proactive" umm, duh. like i don't try.

Guest mariacne

Good luck, my friend!

Regards

Hi there!

Yeah, this is a really odd time in life to put it lightly...I'm out of college with a semi pointless degree, recently broken up with a boyfriend who caused nothing but drama anymore and still likes to once in a while and am completely fed up with breakouts. To be honest, I think my breakouts may be somewhat caused by hormone levels because I stopped taking the bc pill about a year or so ago due to insurance issues and a few or more months after that I started breaking out (I just went back on it 2 weeks ago so fingers crossed). A few more months after that all the boy drama started and that's when my face really went downhill. Stress for me, I think, is a huge factor! I am trying to create a balanced life and lifestyle that will hopefully in return help my breakouts. I believe the body knows when something is wrong with it and will show it in unexpected ways...like acne. Creating balance and a feeling of inner peace, I truly believe, will have a major impact on both of our lives. That and healthy diet and decent regimen. I'm about normal weight for my height and have a pretty high metabolism (I eat all the time! haha) It could very well be something food related that is aiding in all the craziness. I may be making it up, but I think that oranges and orange juice may throw my system off balance. It's just sooo hard to determine the origin sometimes. Maybe keeping a food journal would help you out. Do you have a daily skin care regiment? Does it include a good moisturizer? I've noticed that is also important.

Hope to hear from you soon :D

Hello - well I have a very high metabolism also and I think that's what leaves me feeling overrun, anxious and just generally crap. So I've been trying to calm it down recently and my skin is calming down with it. Like you said calm is the key, but I dont think it's my mind it's my body, it's overactive. I have 2 tsps of sugar with my drink with my meals, this is important the two must go together! I've been doing this four days now, body and mind much calmer and skin - so here's hoping. Unless you have a test that says you have an abnormal amount of hormones it won't be that. Hope this helps

Regards

Good luck, my friend!

Regards

Mariacne, I agree 100% with everything you have said on this thread. It's like you KNOW it's not hormonal, then what the hell is it!?