Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok been using this version of the regime for about 2 months now (trying different produts with no real luck) but my skin is still drying.. heres what ive used so far

1st attempt

C&C sensitive cleaners

dans BP

nivea oil free moisturise

result = after 2 months on it i saw no imporvements and stil getting spots.. skin ok

2nd attempt

nivea for men sensitive cleanser

dans BP

Urban writes face relief

reslut = alot better results... but skin is dry and flakey... when i apply the cleanser my skin gets really dry and flakey. ive tried using just water and its even worse.. what can i do to minimise the drying ? . .. dont say water because i drink alot biggrin.gif

I did a google search for it and bought a small jar of it off some random site.

the thing is.. the BP doesnt really make my skin flakey.. its the cleansing beforehand.. i was my face with water and cleanser and my face gets dry,tight and flakey in about 5 mins.

I use Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera (clear liquid/bottle) - all the drug stores here carry it. Sometimes it's in with the sunscreen. HOWEVER, that alone can make my skin feel really tight, so I add Cetaphil or Oil of Olay moisturizer ontop of it.

bah this is getting annoying now..

regime

cleanser : nivea for men sensitive cleanser

BP : dans PB

moisturiser : urban writes face relief

ever weeked/7-8 days i get a new breakout its like clockwork.. i have a week of clear then spots come.. they go.. , i get about 5 days spot free then BAM breakout. its been like this since i 1st started this regime (this regime using the stated products)

cleaners isnt oil free

moisturiser doesnt say oil free or non-clodogemic

what do i do? why can i never get the resluts ive read here!

thinking of going back to nivea oil free moistuires.. though i still got spots with that although i think that was due to the cleanser as it did sorta burn me everytime i combined it with BP

Can someone please tell me what regime they use and what results theyve had.. theres not many.. maybe a new tread dedicated to UK peoples regimes

another thing.. since ive been using this regime ive never had spots on my forehead on my cheeks and under my nose.. but i still get them along the jawline and the chin.

maybe im appliing too much bp to them areas?

hey hey

You can buy Aloe vera gel at holland and barrett store.. its on a promotion at the moment too.. brucy bonus.. only £2.99 for a large tube/bottle of it..

And..you could try Vitimin E oil, (from holland and barrett also) it makes my skintoo oily, but sposed to be good and worth a try?? I think thats only 3 or 4 squids too!!!

I know this is a late reply to this thread, but hey.. it might help someone, maybe...possibly?

Frankie

you might want to try using less bp

and as for aloe , i get mine from my local health shop (one of these 'alternative' natrual places (hippy shops lol))

For dry skin most general moisturisers help but you must ensure that it does not contain any Lanolin. My Doctor told me that this is bad for skin but I don,t know exactly why, I think he said you can become over sensitive to it.

HOKAY so this week i tried using half a finger of bp on my face AND the flakyness was masssivley reduced but yesterday i got a big breakout which ive not had in some time now. but on saturday i went out to this rock bar that had no air conditioning at all and the temp was about 40 degres + :/ my face was dripping, clothes all wet and by hair gell had been replaced by water. im wondering was it that that gave me the breakout or the fact im not using as much BP :/

when i use more bp (1 finger) my face feels really tigh, very flakey and looks wrong colourish

when i use less pb (half finger) my face feels alot better and my skin looks alot more bright

BUT this breakout has made me think otherwise :/ what do i do.. i was thinking of tried ketsugo .. my face isnt massively oily but before i started using BP it was (the current regmine is so drying :/ )

so ya its

cleaners : clean and clear sensitve cleaner

BP : dans BP

moisturiser : urban rites face relief

but yeh its when i wash my face i get all dry and flaky not after appling BP but the less bp im on the less flaky my face is when i wash

:/ help sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Guest Captain Chaos

Hi Calavera, you can get aloe vera products in sainsburys...

hope this helps!

i have been using clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub for 2 months and it hasn`t really made any significant improvment to my face. red marks fade to an extent but they don`t go away completely. Keeps oil off your face for about 2 hours then it all seeps though every time. So im still getting spots. I have been thinking about just rinsing my face with hot water, letting it dry then appllying apple cider vinegar for a while. What do u guys think. Oh and btw i am also on oxytetracycline!

I must stress anything that contains Bp in it i will not go near. Bp has fried my face and left a lot of red patches, they may aswell be scars!