Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ProactivSUCKS

Scott's log!

Wow, I can't believe that 3 years ago, I used to watch TV and see 'acne cream' commercials and saying to myself, why do I always see these commercials? They're so point-less. (Thinking that I would be clear and have baby fresh skin forever) So now I am, 3 years later, I have a persistent moderate-severe case of acne. I have tried ProActive - worked the 1st week only - Clearasil Acne Cream / Noxzema Cleaning Pads - enlarged my pores on both sides of my nose that I cannot shrink and it's embarrasingly noticeable - And now, Murad Acne Complex, which really didn't do much for my skin for the past 2 weeks. So I'm on this new regimen, and I'm going to stick with it for at least a month and hopefully I'll see some dramatic changes.

Acne has honestly brought my self-esteem down soooooooo much. I try to tell myself that it's nothing, but when you're with your girlfriend, and all she does is staring at your face instead of looking into your eyes, you know you've gotta do something.

Anyway, I'm going to be using these 2 products:

- St. Ive's Medicated Apricot Scrub (2.0% SA) - It does a really good job at exfoliating, and has never dried my skin out.

- Clean & Clear Continuous Acne Control Cleanser - Recommended by blotcha's regimen.

Day 1

1. I used warm water on my face.

2. I cleaned it with St. Ive's for about a minute, rinsed it off.

3. Cleaned it again with C&C for about 45 seconds, rinsed it off.

4. Pat dry.

The cooling sensation aftwards rocked!

You aren't going to use any topicals on your face? I would at least try some BP cream or something...

If you acne is really bothering you, I would definitely consider going to see a dermatologist ASAP. They can prescribe wonderful antibiotics and topicals that work wonders on acne! Good luck in whatever you decide! smile.gif

^ nope. lol ever since my 'pore elargement' disaster, i've always been skeptical about using topicals. i hate the idea of something powerful on your skin for a long period of the time. so i jumped at the idea of a 10% BP cleanser, it sounded so perfect. tongue.gif

anyway, this morning, i definitely saw minor improvements from last night. so i continued with the regimen:

Morning

1. Splashd my face with warm water.

2. Applied St. Ive's and scrubbed and rinsed it off. (warm water)

3. Applied C&C and cleansed and rinsed it off. (cold water)

Night

Same as what I did in the morning.

I'm loving this 'cool' feeling after you wash the C&C off your face.

Morning

1. Splashd my face with warm water.

2. Applied St. Ive's and scrubbed and rinsed it off. (warm water)

3. Applied C&C and cleansed and rinsed it off. (cold water)

Night

Same as what I did in the morning.

I dont think you need to switch between warm/cold water. I would just use lukewarm water throughout.

How long do you leave each cleanser on? Have you considered using the C n C blackhead clearing scrub in place of the st ives?

White - My friend worked for a derm and told me that everybody should wash their face with cold water. Not warm, but cold water. Because cold water closes up your pores after cleansing (or something like that). But it's different with people prone to Acne because the SA or BP needs to go into the skin. So I figured to wash and cleanse with warm water until the last step.

Also, I've noticed that St. Ive's is a bit too strong for combined use with C&C, so I switched to C&C. It was simple too because I bought it a long time ago to get rid of blackheads. St. Ive's did help a LOT with my blackheads though, I barely have any on my nose anymore.

Day 5

Did the regimen morning and night, with both C&C products instead of St. Ive's SA Scrub. I also got myself an Aloe Vera Facial in the afternoon. I do it about twice a week, it helps a lot with the redness and blotchiness of my skin. I love it!

My skin is looking a lot better, my acne is fading away slowly. However, I have yet to see dramatic results.

Day 6

Continued with the regimen. Skin looks a lot better and healthier. The bumps are slowly going away. My jawline area is cleared. It's the only part of my face other than my nose that's actually clear. I have mainly small bumps all over, and they're not very noticeable, so I guess it's alright.

I'm not using any moistroizers with this regimen. Does anyone recommend me using one? I'm not going to buy new ones. So the moistroizers I have are Aveeno Oil Free with SPF 15 or the Murad Perfecting Lotion with SPF 15.

Day 8

Okay, last night I went out partying. Drank a lil alcohol. This morning I broke out like crazy. Now I look worse than when I started this regimen.

sad.gif

I'm not gonna give up though. I'm going to stick with this regimen for at least another 2 weeks or so. I need to be commited.

Okay, so last night, I switched back to St. Ives just cuz it's stronger and more effective than C&C. And my face has improved dramatically this morning. I think it's because the beads are finer and there are more..so it does a better job of deep cleansing and exfoliating.

^ I don't have one. LOL I'm a 16 yo. guy...having a derm seems sort of fruity. My mom suggested me getting one but I refused. Probably not a good idea.

Day 9

Okay, bla bla, skin looks about the same. Fewer bumps here and there, nothing major. I do have 2 cysts tho. One on my nose and one on my lower left cheek. sad.gif I haven't gotten one in a while. I hope they don't stay very long.

Day 10

My face is getting better...but my bacne is starting to get on my nerves, lol i can't resist picking them. damn it's gonna get so much worse. k startin tomorrow i'll stop picking my bacne.

Day 12

Wow my skin made really good progress during the past 2 days. My smaller bumps are dissappearing and my skin is lookin better and better. I think it might be because of the fact that I've added Aloe Vera to my regimen.

Day 16

Wow I haven't updated in a long time. School just started and it has been hell so far. sad.gif

This regimen is definitely working it's magic. I'm clearing up, I can see it. The results don't come magically...it takes time.

okay..lol this regimen isn't working. my acne is as bad as when i first started. it's been a cool try though, i loved the feeling of the BP cleanser on my skin.

so now, i'm gonna do a week of 'calming down' my skin with super mild cleanser and NO sex or masturbating..

and start 'The Regimen' next week. biggrin.gif