Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

time to clear my face once and for all.

If I keep this log, it'll help me be consistent and keep track of progress. Today I discovered that one day without BP = major breakout. I won't make this mistake again.

I'll try to update pics very often: Photo Album

Plan: first priority is to kill the acne (the ones that popped up today due to my neglect) and prevent any future breakouts. Once I feel confident that everything is under control, I'll integrate treatment for red marks / scars.

Weapons currently being used: Dan's BP, Duac, Purpose soap, B5, Minocycline.

Reserve: Differin, SA cleanser, BP cleanser, almost useless derm.

So I'm going to sleep in a few minutes hopefully. Just took 5 B5 pills, a Mino pill, and applied BP Dan style. No Moisturizer. If the little wannabe-cysts don't back off until the morning, I'll kick their ass with some Duac.

O yea, and I washed my face with the Purpose bar.

I guess I should give a little background to y'all, so the log can hopefully help someone out in a similar situation as me.

I'm 19, have had acne since 14. First time I went to a derm was when I was about 17: I was a perfect candidate for Accutane: cycts all over the face, literally no clear skin at all. All zits or cysts. The derm gave me antibiotics (tertacycline I believe, but she later switched it to doxy), Differin at night, Benzaclin in the morning, and my face cleared up very well. For the past few years I've been basically doing the same thing. Antibiotic twice a day (now it's mino), BP, Differin wherever I feel like it. My derm promised to give me Accutane to fix everything completely, but I moved to college, and now I have a shitty college derm who gave me sulfur instead of Differin and BP, and everything went to hell. So I said fuck it to his advice, and now I'm using Dan's BP, Duac, and all the sit I mentioned a few posts above, and my face is looking much better. But "better" is not good enough. I want clear skin. My mom says I should be happy that my face looks much better than before, and I am, but I'm not done yet.

Good morning world! First thing I do when I wake up, is I pick up a little mirror and take a look at my face. One cyst-wannabe on my chin turned into a red mark, the other one is just a regular zit now, on its way to drying up. Looks like I'll have to spare them the Duac.

So then the plan is: I'll Wash it with Purpose, put on BP Dan style, then breakfast with 5 B5 pills.

A good improvement from last night; not a big change, but it's good to know the 2 cyst-like things decided to die.

I can have a life today - I'm satisfied with the improvement.

O yea, more about my new derm. He told me to ONLY SPOT TREAT with the Duac. Ok, great, but I have hardcore acne! He saw my skin and thought I had just a few little zits, but he didn't know how long it took me to get it that way! Then he replaced Duac all together, with sulfur. I used sulfur in the past, but that was when I had just a few zits. Not a good idea for hardcore acne. Damn derm... I'm not a derm, and I know how to make my acne stop better than him...

so.. evening... just watched "the missing" - great movie, ate a tub of ice cream, took a mino pill and 5 of B5. I'm in the mood for differin tonight. Face tingles a little - it tends to get that way towards the evening. Here's a pic: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...&cmd=si&img=989

skin is kinda red, can't handle more BP tonight; I'll use some Differin after washing with Purpose.

Just washed my face and waiting for it to air dry. It's burning, itching and peeling. All the happy BP side effects I could hope for. Good news is there are no new zits, and the 2 cyst-like things became little white bumps, and are drying up. My face feels like I'm bluching, and my body is cold. Perhaps it's the difference in temperature between my irritated face and the rest of me. Wow.. Purpose.. gentle, my ass!! That shit dries like a fucking bitch. What's the deal anyway? I've been using BP for like 7 years now. 10% for most of the time. And now 2.5% is giving me shit? Redness, whatever. As long as there's no acne.

Good morning! Woke up, picked up the mirror...

Skin feels really good, and looks almost perfect. The 2 cyst-like zits are just dried up little pimples now. There was another one under my nose also that had the potential to become a big cyst, but it too is almost no more.

Now obviously I have red marks all over the place. That's another story. I'm not dealing with them right now, although I heard Differin will fix that.

Icecream doesn't break me out. Cheese breaks me out bigtime, but not icecream.

So this morning, it'll be Purpose, BP. At breakfast, 5 B5, Mino.

You know, I think when the acne and red marks are gone, I'm not going to bother with the scars. They make me look hardcore, got no problem with them.

B5 might be working; I noticed that my hair looked very clean yesterday even though I didn't wash it.

wow, just finished one half of a new song. I compose electronic music by the way; dance, breakbeat, thoughtful stuff with deep lyrics, but with nice deep drums so you can dance to it. When the album is done, I'll post a few mp3s so you can check it out. But this is just the first stage. I still need to let the vocalists make lyrics for it, melodies, recording, mixing, all the fun stuff. I'll be doing all of the technical work; I'm renting a studio in lower Manhattan where I keep my production equipment.

ok, so, acne... skin feels good, looks alright, not great; a little white zit popped up under my lip, but it's on the surface so it should be gone by tomorrow.

Just took 5 B5 pills and a Mino. Tonight my skin feels good, so I'll put on BP after washing with Purpose. Good night! Or good morning actually, given it's 2:28 right now, lol

'morning! No new zits to report, except for the small one under the lip. The former cysts are now red marks dry.gif but at least they're not cysts. Face feels a bit too dry, but acceptable. Same regimen as always today.

just wanted to let you know that you're cute, even with acne. (which is hardly anything compared to what I used to have). Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks a lot! That makes me feel really good smile.gif

my acne was pretty bad a few years ago; my derm's assistent called me "redbeard" because I had cysts all over my chin and cheeks. Wait a minute, I should have kicked his ass for that! Damn idiot.. anyway, then I got some antibiotics and it made everything better.

Holy shit, I'm addicted to Queer Eye! I saw it last night for the first time and seeing it now again; this shit is great! Metro pride! tongue.gif

No significant changes with the acne, still using good old BP

Now I'm back from my cottage after a few days of rest. Everything's cool with my face; there are red marks and small pimples here and there, but it's nothing important. I'd take a photo, but I don't feel like charging my phone.

thanks Paul!

ok, so now I can afford to let my acne get a bit worse if necessary, so I'll stop using antibiotics and I'll see how it goes. I'll have to watch my diet, but I hate anything unhealthy anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll still be taking B5.

but if I get a single cyst, I'm going right back to Mino. And when I get back to NY I'm gonna kick my derm's ass for being incompetent.

Mino might work better for you if you take it on an empty stomach. You should definately not take it with ice cream. It will bind with the calcium in it and won't be absorbed.