Notifications
Clear all

Nose pain? Advice please 🙂

MemberMember
(@jackiemarebear)

Posted : 02/26/2011 7:25 pm

Hi everyone! I have a strange question. I am on day 6 of Accutane, 80 mgs/day. I'm starting to notice minor side effects like redness and drying. That is all to be expected, but I am also having this strange side effect of pain (maybe swelling?) on the top and especially the sides of my nose. It's not the same as drying in my nose...it is sensitive to the touch and almost feels like someone punched me. It hurts to flare it and to even push on the sides. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@lifegoeson92)

Posted : 02/27/2011 7:25 pm

Hey girl! I personally have never experience that, and I've read a lot of logs and don't recall anyone mentioning that either. Accutane has so many freaking side effects though that I'm sure its normal. I would give your dermatologist a call tomorrow and ask them about it!

MemberMember
(@thinblueline)

Posted : 03/02/2011 5:48 am

Actually I have this same problem, sometimes ill get a stinging pain on the inside of my nostrils. I am currently on month 5 at 120mg a day. Unfortunately I have no solutions to the problem because the pain will usually disappear after a day.

MemberMember
(@enuffalready)

Posted : 03/30/2011 8:44 am

Hi, I noticed the same thing at the beginning of my course too. I was worried that there was a huge zit waiting to be born in there, but it only lasted a few days, and no huge zit. Weird, eh?

MemberMember
(@angela1978)

Posted : 07/29/2015 8:53 pm

I am on day 10 of my accutane and I have the same exact pain on the sides of my nose along with red itchy skin on my face and my lips are super dry and cracked but I already notice a difference in my complexion