Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fredjones

Forehead wrinkles more prominant

Look in the mirror and raise your eyebrows and then look at your forehead. Are your wrinkles more prominent than before? I was looking at my forehead today for some reason and it looked like they got a lot more defined and deep than before.

Could be just me though but with all the things accutane does to your skin maybe this is a side effect

Not surprising. I have the same problem after accutane too due to skin thinning and dryness.

You could try using L-ascorbic serum after your course as I am sure it will help minimize the lines abit.

Guest tofupup

I also thought the skin under my eyes got more wrinkly/thin after accutane. My derm swore that no such thing happens, that any new wrinkles I saw was owing to the temporary dryness and would be resolved with proper moisturizing.

I don't believe him, but anyway, after accutane ended, he prescribed Retin-A for me, which not only helps stop acne from coming back but also encourages collagen growth. I think this has counterbalanced any wrinkles (perceived or real) caused by accutane.

It's not just you. I echo tofupup's comments. Accutane dries the skin. Period. Some folks experience continued dryness (although not as extreme in most cases) after the course. Moisturizing is a must from here on out. That's not so bad. Moisturizing feels pretty good and only takes a few seconds. :)

Retin-a is a boon for post-Accutane users. So is alphahydroxy acid (aka AHA). The deep wrinkling won't last forever. Stay hydrated and keep moisturizing during and after the course. Once you're through, you'll notice a big difference.