Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prophecy105

I believe these are whiteheads? How to clear them?

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I'm a bit frustrated with my skin.

I've been on BCP for roughly a year which did AMAZING things for the cystic acne I have and overall breakouts. However, my T-zone refuses to clear up.

I have sensitive, delicate combo/dry skin and I've been plauged by blackheads and whiteheads in my T-zone for years, and now that I have a trip in 2 weeks with my employer, I'd like to start looking my best.

I keep my pillowcases clean, am using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion, CeraVe PM at night and Olay Complete Sensitive Skin W/ SPF15 during the day.

post-146367-1298764280_thumb.jpgpost-146367-1298764751_thumb.jpg

What could I do to help clear these up? It's really aggravating - I can't cover it because MU cakes around them and just draws attention to it.

Thank you all!

post-146367-1298764280_thumb.jpg

post-146367-1298764751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prophecy105

I think you're a great candidate for retinoids such as differin. But the downside is that you won't see results untill a few months and meanwhile it will get worse.

If you want to see quicker results, use Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% in the evening on your T-zone before applying the moisturizer (wait half an hour or so)

Differin worked for mine, but you need a prescription. Not sure if a doctor would give it to you since you look basically clear (I may be wrong of course, and its worth a shot). It took a few months but that flew.

You could try 10% AHA, that worked very well although there was an initial breakout.

Also I love clay masks, I use a natio one. Not sure if it clears them but it makes your skin all smooth and nice.

Finally you could check your products/makeup to make sure none are clogging your pores.