Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My cystic acne has been with me through my late twenties. it would come and go frequently. It was so painful and embarrassing. I have tried the fancy cleansers, cortisone shots and even isotretinoin. It helped but I had multiple symptoms and decided to stop treatment after about 2 months.

At night, I remove my makeup with a baby wipe, open my pores using a very warm wet washcloth and clease my face with an antibacterial soap. I also put castor oil (found the healthfood section of the grocery store) on my face directly following. I leave it on overnight. i know that it sounds strange but it has helped me.

Also, I am happy to report that I think that I found the cure more mine. I was tested for food allergies. I completely avoided my most severe reaction foods for a few weeks and it worked! I now just avoid these foods and have been cystic acne free for 3 months. My biggest allergies are tomato, wheat, American cheese and turkey. I do not eat tomatoes and I avoid items like tomato paste or catchup because they are tomato based. No more pizza and spaghetti for me. i did not go on a gluten free diet but I avoid all wheat bread and cereals. I wish that I had discovered this sooner!!!

My cystic acne has been with me through my late twenties. it would come and go frequently. It was so painful and embarrassing. I have tried the fancy cleansers, cortisone shots and even isotretinoin. It helped but I had multiple symptoms and decided to stop treatment after about 2 months.

At night, I remove my makeup with a baby wipe, open my pores using a very warm wet washcloth and clease my face with an antibacterial soap. I also put castor oil (found the healthfood section of the grocery store) on my face directly following. I leave it on overnight. i know that it sounds strange but it has helped me.

Also, I am happy to report that I think that I found the cure more mine. I was tested for food allergies. I completely avoided my most severe reaction foods for a few weeks and it worked! I now just avoid these foods and have been cystic acne free for 3 months. My biggest allergies are tomato, wheat, American cheese and turkey. I do not eat tomatoes and I avoid items like tomato paste or catchup because they are tomato based. No more pizza and spaghetti for me. i did not go on a gluten free diet but I avoid all wheat bread and cereals. I wish that I had discovered this sooner!!!

Congrats! Where did you have your food allergy test done?