Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
earnierevolution

My Regimen Diary

Hi all, This is my day to day regimen diary, which i think others might find useful, and can find out how its all going in comparison with their own regimen. Before i start, ill list what i am doing EVERY morning and night at the bottom. Any advice would be awesome, as the people on here obviously know what their talking about.

A little background on myself firstly, I am a 19 year old, Male, first year student at University in the UK. Acne has plagued most of my life since i was around 13/14. My acne is not what i'd call severe, but it covers a lot of my face and really affects my life when i go out anywhere, i feel like no one can take me seriously, as all of my friends have clear skin. I have tried literally everything that is available at the supermarkets, online, and even resorted to buying creams from America. Guess what, none of them worked. I was so desperate i started spending HOURS a day researching online, that's when i stumbled across the regimen on here. I ordered some products from the UK that i could get my hands on, that had many good reviews.

With regards to food, drink, diets etc, basically, i'm at uni, i don't eat immaculately, i don't have a plan where i cut out foods. I eat what i want, but i eat relatively healthy too. 5 fruits and veg a day, 2 litres of water a day etc, are all part of my day to day life.

I started my Regimen almost 2 weeks ago, but i was keeping a brief written diary from day 1. Now i have decided to upload it onto here, i will firstly give the past 2 weeks and then a day to day report after that, but ill write it as if it was day to day from the start.

Thanks guys, look forward to hearing from you, and your progress and stories too! :surprised:

My regimen

Morning and night (approx 9am and 11pm)

Wash face with Nivea for men sensitive face wash (10 seconds)

Wait 15 mins approx

Panoxyl B.P (small large peasize amount currently) ((I know the debate about Panoxyl, and how people hate it etc, but am sticking with it))

Wait 15 mins approx

Dab JoJoba oil on to face with a cotton bud

Wait 15 mins approx

Dab off 'oily look' with a cotton bud, then apply Nivea for men rehydrating moisturiser

**The JoJoba oil only came into practice after 10 days**

Edited by earnierevolution

DAY 1

While I could barely believe the reviews this regimen was getting were true, ive done it and taken the plunge into the regimen. After collecting the products this morning, I printed off the sheets for Dans regimen and started following step by step. Everything was fine... No burning... No itchyness... No peeling...No redness? Did i do something wrong? I was almost disappointed!! I then went to bed half expecting by the morning the acne would be gone!

DAY 2

So i woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and everything was the same. I was somewhat pleased that i hadn't had a reaction to the B.P, but somewhat disappointed that i was EXACTLY the same. I didn't have anything on today until 11, so i began my regimen at 10, following the step by step guide again. By the evening not much had changed once again, but i was beginning to feel a tightness in my skin around my mouth and cheeks after I applied the nightly regimen. Was this the start of the unbearable experience people had talked about? I hope not...

DAY 3

Upon the first look in the mirror this morning, little seemed to have changed once again. A little tightness was present that i could feel, but nothing more. I applied the morning regimen at about 8.30... this is when things started to change. The second i applied my moisturizer, my skin turned a horrible sunburnt red, and felt REALLY dry. The 2 days prior of nothing happening had caught up on me, can i go back to those days please!!! Going out with a red face was massively embarrassing, I had many comments during the day stating 'why is your face so red today' what could i say? That i was on acne treatment? I went for the less subtle approach of saying i was allergic to my new cleanser, pathetic i know, but anyhow that's how it is. I couldn't wait to get away from everyone and hide in my room that afternoon. The evening regimen rolled around and i was considering missing it due to the B.P reaction. Even Dan says its ok for the first week right, i thought. I hit these message boards and someway or another got convinced to carry on. The quicker the B.P gets used to my skin the quicker these 'effects' will go, i further thought, and i could only achieve that by sticking at the regimen, day and night. So i went to bed a sore, dry, red, but hopeful boy

DAY4

Well, Friday was finally here. My first look in the mirror was not a pleasant one, New breakouts, redness and extreme dryness once again. This was horrible. If i hadn't previously known how things were going to get by finding out on these boards, i would have given up this morning. I couldn't face another day of questioning from people, and today was my busiest day, 5 straight hours of lectures. By the evening i was fairly tired, but peer pressure from my friends forced me to go out clubbing. I got fairly drunk but still managed to do the regimen when i got in (to the best of my ability!!) I went to sleep again quite sore hoping for something promising in the morning

DAY 5

This morning i felt horrifically hung over, hoping things would be different when i looked in the mirror, just a little? I was horrified. The red had got redder, and my skin was now PEELING!!! Yuck. I couldn't dwell on it anyway because i was going to a football game at 1 and had to do my regimen (it was now 12) I didn't look great, no new breakouts, but managed to get my peeling skin under control with moisturizer, and left. By about 4 o clock, at half time, i could feel my skin drying out again, i went to a toilet and took a quick peek and i was peeling EVERYWHERE. This is the worse i had looked since i started the regimen and at that moment i said to myself, no more, i cannot go on looking like this in public. People were staring at me, pointing and it was the worse i had felt in a long time. Goodness knows what my friend thought who was with me. Embarrassed i would have thought. So i went home adamant i was going to quit this regimen. The only thing that changed my mind was people on these boards, and half the reason i'm doing this diary. Even Dan says you HAVE to stick at it. So now with a self confidence of 0, i did my evening regimen and went to bed.

DAY 6

Sunday was here, and i was up by 10. I looked in the mirror only to find a new breakout on my cheeks, probably a result of Friday nights exploits and bit of weekend sleep deprivation. The redness was still there in its bright red glory, and the peeling although not as bad as the previous day was still prominent. I could NOT go on with peeling skin. I found i could just about live with the redness but the peeling skin was to far. So i read a few more posts about dry peeling skin and a lot of people were talking about JoJoba oil. Something which i did consider buying at the start but thought the moisturizer could handle the dryness. So after little hesitation i ordered some. I needed it to come quick, if yesterday was to go by! Today was relatively problem free, i didn't have to see anyone and only went on a quick walk around campus in the evening to get a bit of fresh air. I applied the evening regimen at around 10 and got an early nights sleep.

DAY 7

Wow, has it really been 1 week already! This morning i woke up at 8 for a 9 o clock lecture and my face didn't look any different to the previous day, no new breakouts, but still sporting the redness and slight peeling. However this peeling was getting better. I always feel that my face (namely my mouth area) is tighter first thing in the morning? maybe because i haven't moved my mouth area to speak or eat overnight? The morning regimen was fairly samey, usual redness after moisturizer, standard dryness after B.P. I must admit, i was getting a little peed off with the lack of progression but then realized the 3 month plan wasn't there for the plain fun of it. The day was ok, i think people had begun to accept my redness and were no longer staring! although i did have to keep using my black phone screen as a mirror to make sure i was not peeling anywhere, a new way for technology to help us :surprised: I arrived home to a promising email that my JoJoba had been dispatched and should be here by tomorrow... here's hoping! My evening regimen took a turn for the worse when the redness was accompanied by a burning when i put on the moisturizer. I soon realized this was common as well, and went to bed.

DAY 8

I woke up this morning and my skin ITCHED LIKE HELL!! It really was horrible, maybe this is whats last nights burning was all about? I was praying my 'holy' JoJoba oil would come today to give me some relief from these side effects! The first look in the mirror was samey, red, dry, a feat which i was now used to. Thankfully the peeling was gone. I did have a small new breakout on my forehead though which was not to encouraging. After the regimen this morning, the burning and itchyness was back!! I REALLY hope this is not going to happen all the time now or this will outdo the peeling skin as the worst side effect of B.P. I am surprised its having so much effect on me, im still only using less than a pea sized amount for each cheek. The day was tiring and by the evening i just crashed out, had a shower, applied the regimen and went to bed. I found that the itchness and dryness is less when i have a shower each morning and night, and apply the B.P and moisturizer quicker so that my skin is not drying out to the point of cracking. Still no JoJoba, i hope it comes tomorrow!

Edited by earnierevolution

DAY 9

I woke up at 8 again today, as i have a 9 o clock start. My face was looking angry and battered. The dryness was at an all time high, the redness was the same, but on the plus side, there was no new breakouts for the second day running. Had the B.P finally taken hold? The morning regimen was accompanied by the usual itching and mild burning sensation, but no sooner had i applied it i got a knock at the door and my JoJoba was here!! I took the decision to leave it until the evening regimen to apply it so i could fit it into the routine better. This soon rolled around and after reading when best to use it, i added it into the regimen after the B.P, so i coated my face (when i say coated, dabbed onto all areas of my face, a thin layer) with JoJoba oil and left it to dry before applying my moisturizer like normal. I went back and looked at the mirror an hour later expecting the JJ oil to have worked miracles with the redness, how wrong could i be, no change WHAT SO EVER!! Same itchyness, same dryness, same acne, when would it all change... if ever?

DAY 10

I was a little depressed this morning when i looked in the mirror again, maybe expecting some change in the redness over night, to find nothing had changed once again. Well it had changed, but for the worse, i was getting more breakouts on my cheeks. This morning's regimen included the JJ oil again and didn't really do a great deal, apart from make my skin VERY oily. I dabbed it off with a bit of cotton wool before applying moisturizer, this seemed to reduce the shine. My skin seemed to be showing the signs of last weeks peeling again and i feared that this might occur during the day so i took out my moisturizer with me. Although my skin seemed to be ok during the day, when i arrived back home it was starting to peel again, this seemed to be a regular weekly occurrence now! The evening regimen was promising considering the skin peel on my face. The JJ oil seemed to get rid of the peeling skin and my face looked like it was slightly less red than it was this morning, was my skin finally starting to adapt to the regimen?

DAY 11

Seemed like i spoke too soon! The redness was back this morning and the peeling skin that appeared to be gone last night was now worse, even after applying the regimen. Also i had a few new breakouts on my cheeks. I was dreading the day and the peeling again, so out the moisturizer came with me again. It was with good reason. My skin was shedding all over the place, luckily my moisturizer kept it in check during the day, but by the time i got home i just wanted it to be gone, i started trying to 'peel myself' by picking layers of skin off. I didn't want to but it was driving me mad! I soon regretted it as my face looked SO irritated, itched like crazy and was still peeling. It was only 4pm but i had to have a shower wash the stuff of my face and leave it to recover for a while. I MUST STOP PICKING!!! After i got out the shower i applied some JJ oil. This did some good as my face didn't itch as much and the peeling had gone. By the time it came to the evening regimen the itching was back so i decided just to go straight to bed after applying the regimen.

DAY 12

Well i woke up this morning with a couple of new breakouts on my cheeks, and one on my forehead, nothing major just standard really, which i expect at this stage. After applying the regimen this morning i think my face is a little redder, but still maintains the dryness. Maybe the JJ oil has removed some redness? Found it really difficult to stop myself itching the flaking skin off my face today, also when i eat it makes my face flake so much more, and i have to add a small bit of moisturizer after. After applying the regimen this evening the redness does appear to be dying down, hopefully a sign of things to come, everything else more or less the same. Night guys.

DAY 13

I was an early start this morning and i was up by 7 o clock. My face had the usual peeling and i had a few new breakouts on my upper lip which looked fairly red. I think the dryness has been a little cured by the JJ oil as my face feels much less tight when i wake up that it used to in the first week or so. I also think it is combating the redness quite a bit too, and although my face is still red, its not half as bad as the first week. I was in bed by 11 as it was a busy day with 2 football matches, the evening regimen was applied and i noticed the breakouts from this morning were slightly less inflamed, hopefully by tomorrow they may be all but gone! All in all promising signs, heres hoping the following week will show further improvement :D

DAY 14

Wow, 2 weeks have gone already since i started the regimen, and i wish i could say it has all been plain sailing, but it is definitely improving!! Today the 2 breakouts i had on my lip were disappearing and by tomorrow they will be gone hopefully! I had one new breakout on my chin but that seemed to be all! My skin was a little less red again this morning after applying the regimen, hopefully this redness is now fazing out day by day and will be gone soon! This has definitely been improved by the JJ oil!! This evenings regimen application left my skin really dry, i think i may have a day tomorrow where i peel like crazy!! Just a hunch though, hopefully it will be an improvement once again :), peace.

DAY 15

This morning was a battle to get out of bed!! Upon the first look in the mirror i noticed that the breakouts from the previous 2 days had all but gone which pleased me, and the only sign of a new breakout was on my chin, although this was small! My skin wasn't as dry as i thought it would be, its usual i suppose with a few bits flaking around my chin and sideburns. After applying the regimen my face seemed to look a little redder than usual but this may have been just a fluke. I looked in the mirror around 30 mins after and all seemed normal once again. My skin did seem to peel a little more throughout the day today although this may have been due to the fact it was cold and there was a strong wind outside which I've heard can lead to drying out of skin further. Upon applying the regimen this evening my face felt and looked like it was starting to get better, dare i say it. It was the first time i have seen and felt like there were no new breakouts on the horizon for the morning, so fingers crossed there wont be any when i wake up tomorrow.

Maybe, just maybe, this regimen is starting to work? :)

DAY 16

Ok, so i woke up this morning and i was disappointed really. Just as i thought i was getting somewhere 3 new breakouts appear on my face overnight. My face this morning didn't look or feel like it did last night either. It was bumpy, red, and peeling quite alot. It was a little bit of a confidence blow considering it was all looking so good yesterday. After i applied the regimen it seemed like my face was redder than most days too. hmmmmmmph. Upon getting out of the shower this evening though, my face looked alot better than it did this morning. The redness had faded, and the breakouts were already beginning to get smaller. Maybe i might see more of this in the coming weeks. Who knows! For now i'm sticking to my guns, applying twice a day, and will soldier on!

I WILL WIN!

DAY 17

Well, things are looking alright again today. Not much to report, no new breakouts, redness reduced from yesterday and dryness beginning to fade out now i hope. All in all improvement!!

DAY 18

Woke up this morning and there was no new breakouts once again which i was happy with! It seems like my face is really starting to adapt to the BP, the redness in the morning is going down a lot. The only thing that is plaguing me really now is the dryness. When i wake up every morning, my whole face is dry and is peeling, although it is easily covered up with JJ oil and my moisturizer i don't really enjoy waking up to it every morning!! By this evening i had one breakout peering through, but all in all things are looking much better than when i started. Heres to the next 5 weeks and a clear face... hopefully! :)

DAY 19

This morning i woke up with more optimism that my face was definitely clearing! The redness is now pretty much non existent after around 20 mins with the regimen on which is really pleasing. The dryness seemed to be less as well today which was really promising as the dryness drives you crazy!! Only 1 real breakout that occurred overnight on my upper lip was minimalised by this evening. Not much else to report folks!

DAY 20

Today my face didn't look as good when i woke up, it seemed more inflamed and the old patches where breakouts had been seemed redder. I had a new breakout developing on my forehead which fully came to surface this evening, and hopefully that will be all but gone tomorrow. So in summary a little disappointed but still optomistic!

DAY 21

WOW! I can't believe its been 3 weeks already since i started the regimen! Time really has flown! Today I was again disappointed with my skin, i had 3 new breakouts on my right cheek and i can feel another coming through for tomorrow. What i have realized though is that being on the regimen dramatically reduces the time it takes for breakouts to heal. After applying the regimen this morning my face seemed more or less the same as usual, a little redder but that may have been due to my own analysis and the new breakouts etc. This evening my skin seemed to have calmed down a bit and after my shower it felt fresh. As i move in to week 4 i hope to see these red marks fading on my cheeks, these are the only thing now that are annoying me a bit as they don't seem to be coming or going!!

For all those looking for inspiration, keep at it, it's a tough journey, and it sure isn't easy, even i can vouch for that after 3 weeks, but once you start to see the results it's a journey worth taking.

Night all.

DAY 22

Very disappointed today. woke up with 3 new breakouts again, seems as though my face is starting to look a little worse again. Very dry and itchy when i woke up. The redness from old breakouts still seems to be staying the same. I realllllly want it to improve soon!! starting to lose a little faith :S