Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carebear_heart

YES!! The regimen worked

Hei everyone,

If you are thinking that the regimen isn't working as how you want it to be, DON'T GIVE UP, continue on... It's true, different people react differently to BP. I use neutrogen on the spot BP and am still using it now.

I had the worst break out of my life at 20 years old. My acne didn't come all at once but started from mild acne and when I started to put BP, then it happened. All my visible blemishes turned into big cystic acne with puss. Some were even joined together to form this one giant zit. The formation of my blemishes were from traces of makeup left on my face and the wrongway of cleansing my face. That was my mistake and up till now, no more makeup for me..

Anyway, I have been using it for 4 months plus now. I started to be clear at the 8th week but then more of my pimples start to grow again. I waited patiently as one by one my pimples grow and disappear and again.. until all was left on my face were red marks.Now my face is normal again and people hardly notice my pink marks now. I think the BP did a good job in getting rid of all the chemicals I've accumulated from makeup and now it's clean and clear.

I love going out on sunny days and man....do I feel good.... And it's such a confidence booster when guys check me up.. But I will always remember how much I've suffered when I had terrible acne...I will be very considerate towards others and would like to help other people cope with acne.

I hope this post will be an encouragement to those who are still in the fight against acne. Believe me, your day will come too... when you will be clear and enjoy your life and you know you are a much better person than those who have never experienced acne. wink.gif

no makeup? sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif i don't know if i'd be able to do that. out of curiousity, what type of makeup were you using? glad to hear you're clear smile.gif

Spicychicken,

I have to admit it's hard at 1st to not wear makeup but I know I have to. I was using Body Shop's liquid foundation.. that was the worst. I get 1 or 2 cystic acne once every 2 days. Then I tried L'oreal's air wear foundation... not good too. I also tried Quickstick L'oreal 3-in-1 makeup...Good coverage but hard to get it off..

Now I know that my face isn't suitable for makeup use. cool.gifwub.gif

I have found that L'OREAL isn't the best brand for acne-proned skin. Not all makeup is bad for you, some even make your skin nicer! Two of the best drugstore brands for acne-prone skin is Neutrogena and Almay. I personally like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid foundation the best - i've been wearing it for nearly 3 years now. I used to have bad skin, then great skin, then bad skin, then great, etc... All due to fluctuations in hormones, and trying different prescription treatments. But one thing that has always kept my skin nice and smooth is the neutrogena. I absolutely love it! Another great brand that is pricey, but well WELL worth it, is Clinique. You can only get it from department stores, but it was developed back in the 80s for people with acne-prone skin. It's incredibly gentle and won't cause breakouts.

Don't let makeup scare you! It's not all bad, I swear! smile.gif