Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
squares

What is purging?

Could someone explain the "purging" stage clearly for me? Like what is actually happening with your skin?

I am on Day 22. I think my skin is purging if what I am thinking is correct. Blackheads/ spots trapped under the skin seem to be coming to the surface in a form of a pustule/ white head. If I know what actually is happening it gives me a better idea of where I am with the DK regimen.

Any replies appreciated! Thanks

Hello buddy, we are on the same day of the regimen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am excited to find someone to have things in common. im on day 22nd, and i am purging like a volcano!! heh.

Well, my understanding of purging is that your immune system is trying to fight the infection on the skin, so after the combat, the white cells die, forming the sebum (zit) as a way to get out of your skin.

thats my understanding. i'm having white little sasame bumps too. i hope this goes away soon!!!! we should keep each other updated about our skin. !!

YAY :)

Finally someone to share this with! Ahhh that makes sense because over the last couple of days the word "Volcano" suits exactly what has been happening to me!!! I have had about three major ones, one after another and they look horrible :'( they are really quite big and in places where I had some sort of trapped blackhead or whitehead.

A tip! I really don't make a habit of picking and popping but they really have been very unsightly and really ready to pop :/ (sorry for too much information lol) I have used the method that Dan has suggested I use a small sterile needle to prick it and then with tissue squeeze and stop as soon as I see any blood/clear fluid. I then hold ice to it and then put some BP and vaseline on top, once the BP has dried. They really have been leaving less of a red mark and healing quite well in a quicker time period. (make sure you have clean hands for all of this and clean your hands before and after)

Do you have a log? I will definitely be following it if you do :D

Take care and good luck regiminig :P

My log

Edited by squares

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Acne-Figh...og-t290067.html

Thats my logggg

I just visited yours and we are quite on the same boat. i started without much dry skin, my worst dry and itch and red was when i started dans treatment. I still do feel itchy everymorning when i wake up. I'm thinking its the dry heater in the room, i'm going to make a humidifier by placing bowls and cups of water on the heater.

YAY. :dance:

I am reallly burning around my mouth again since I upped the dosage of BP. I am thinking of getting Dan's BP for month 2. I have been using panoxyl it is very effective but I thought I might treat myself to Dan's when I get paid. I did order AHA from there which I am waiting for- if that is good then I shall order BP too :D

How are things for you today?

I am reallly burning around my mouth again since I upped the dosage of BP. I am thinking of getting Dan's BP for month 2. I have been using panoxyl it is very effective but I thought I might treat myself to Dan's when I get paid. I did order AHA from there which I am waiting for- if that is good then I shall order BP too :D

How are things for you today?

I really think using Dan's bp is better. I used Neutrogena's 2.5 bp at first and it was really hard to apply. Dan's bp works wonderfully, it spreads like cold cream however my first application really effed up my face so bad. I started having temporary wrinkles the first 3 days of dans bp. But with jojoba oil, it got better.

Right now I'm not really having dry skin. Although it does flake around my jawarea, I find the bp works really well on my right temple area but i think its my acne thats persistent around my mouth and cheek. It's a disaster. People around me have wonderful skin. My self esteem goes down everyday when i see a new whitehead on my face.

We should cheer each other up!!

I made a humidifier by draping damp cloth on my heather and placing bowls of water around the heater, its helping a lot!!!!!! At least im not scratching my face when i wake up anymore :)

im glad. HOw about you?

Ooooh thank you :) I can't wait for it to come now! I may have to get another tube of Panoxyl in the mean time as mine is about to finish. Don't get me wrong - it really is effective- but it is too damn harsh!

Honestly I think the key is to be patient and keep your spirits up! Alot of people give up to quickly. My skin is burning right now, I look sunburnt and I itch but I see improvements , some days I go back a step but I keep going at it. I actually keep crossing down on a calender. My deadline ideally would be my birthday in May to be completely clear red marks gone too.

Chin up and keep at it!!! xx

:surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised:

If a subject about college course you think there is a learned man. Holiday Palace or not?

Edited by nosex

:surprised: :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

If a subject about college course you think there is a learned man. Holiday Palace or not?

I don't see what is so shocking lol :S