Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So in the freezing cold winter months I switch my shampoo to Head & Shoulders bc my scalp gets extremely dry. Well, I've been using it for about two weeks now and I've noticed a few extra blemishes. This wouldn't bother me so much but my skin has been the clearest it's been in years the last few months.

Anyway, I searched the boards, and many ppl said H&S made their acne BETTER, so now I'm confused. Is it my shampoo breaking me out or just a coincidence?

Anyone have any experience with H&S and acne?

Yes, H & S gives me the opposite effect that most people get. It irritates my skin, and causes tiny little acne-like blemishes on my skin. I'm not sure it's acne because they're sooo tiny, but it irritates me to no end.

I use Nizoral just once a week. It works great, but the smell isn't great. I just make sure to use it on a day when I think I won't be smelled by anyone. Hehehe.

hmmm....thanks for the info. So weird how some ppl have bad reactions and some have good.

The pimples I'm getting are rather small, but extremely painful and "angry." No fun.

I stopped using H&S because it contains chemicals in it, and switched to a shampoo base. No fragrance, no preservatives... just plain, natural shampoo base. And I stopped getting breakouts. I don't know if that was really the reason, but I just stopped (overall) putting too much chemicals and stuff on/in my body.

Edited by CosmoCandle

Yeah, I often think about ALLLL the chemicals that I use on my body and put into my body on a daily basis. It's honestly very disturbing to me. It pisses me of though how crazy expensive it is just to use products that don't have chemicals. For example, eating pesticide free food. It should be the law that all food is chemical free, are you kidding me?!?

Can't wait to be done with college and have a job so I can afford natural everything! :dance:

Yeah, I often think about ALLLL the chemicals that I use on my body and put into my body on a daily basis. It's honestly very disturbing to me. It pisses me of though how crazy expensive it is just to use products that don't have chemicals. For example, eating pesticide free food. It should be the law that all food is chemical free, are you kidding me?!?

Can't wait to be done with college and have a job so I can afford natural everything! :dance:

I knowwww. The food you can find in local supermarkets. Just thinking about it: meat, dairy = artificial hormones, vegetables/fruits = pesticides. OMG!

Anyway, I live in Canada and the weather here for sure is extremely dry. My hair used to look so unhealthy and dry and there were split ends EVERYWHERE ! I didn't care much about my hair and just used whatever shampoo my mom buys. But I realized that H&S was over-drying my hair that it made my body produce more oil. So if its not dry and flaky, its oily and itchy. Then I decided to just make my own shampoo. Plain shampoo base + avocado oil = wow. Just made a big difference. I love my hair now :D