Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackOrsen

One Meal a Day

(Sorry for my bad english first, i didnt practiced it a whole lot the last years)

Hello everybody, i surfed around 3 hours on different acne threads and found out about this book: (How to Eat Live)

I didnt read it yet, but the author obviously suggest that, if we want to be healthy in all means, we should dont eat pork (islamic view of course) white rice, sugar etc. (ye we all know that i guess :D)

AND he suggest only to eat 1 meal a day, in this way the body can process the food and is not too stressed while processing it. On the other side, the blood sugar level wont change the rest of the day, so your blood sugar is stabilized. Anyone of u tried this diet? Im very interested in it. Guess i will try to only eat breakfast and a big meal at noon, but nothing in the afternoon or evening.

What you think about this approach?

Edited by JackOrsen

a bad approach. Or you starve yourself (try to eat enough calories in one meal) Or you need to eat crap food. (no veggies, no fruit... Youll need to eat lots of processed carbs or maybe only fish) And the meal will be very high GI/GL. It will spike your blood sugar. And besides most of the people die when they have no food for 3 hours. I dont really thing this would even be a a realistic diet for 90% of population.

I would actually recommend more meals than 3. Its much more stabilizing than 1.

Edited by joris

Because fewer meals will spike your blood sugar. Than it drops. That isnt really stable. When eating smallermore frequent meals it only spikes a little bit. Causing your blood sugar to be more on one line.

Besides that youll be able to eat better foods. More veggies especially. Lowering the overall GI/GL of the meals even further because of the fiber. And also giving you a lot more nutrients.

It also will be easier not to cheat.

It isnt the goal to keep it as long as possible at the lowest level possible. Its goal to have a stable blood sugar without immense spikes.

Tried to find a graph of blood sugar and meals but got on a fake virus scan site and got scared at searching further. Dont want to get a virus...

EDIT: Everyone in health I heard about untill now has advised 6smaller meals. It is also being adivsed to diabetics to eat smaller meals. Your guy doesnt seem to have a understanding about what he is writing. [u]And that he puts religious views in a health book is so unscientific that hes book should be forbidden to write another book on health ever again.

EDIT2: I just watched a youtube clip of him. And it was ridiculous. He doesnt have a single understanding of health. I hope your not going to read it.

Edited by joris

yea of course its very questionable the religious background of his thesis, but its a interesting approach anyway. i often feel like i get acne if i eat very often a day and especially if i eat very much in the evening, so i find the 1-2 meal per day only theory quite interesting.

You should eat five portions of fruit or vegetables each day as part of a balanced diet, along with the 1 meal for the day. This should give you a mixture of all the nutrients and vitamins necessary to ward off free radicals.

Instead of avoiding any food, take small portions of your favorite foods. This way you are being good to your cravings, taste buds and your body. There shouldn’t be any holiday for your healthy lifestyle.

yea i will give it a try. i will eat medium size breakfast and 3-4 hours later 1 big meal, then nothing on afternoon/evening (maybe a banana or a apple/carrot whatever) but no "big meals" and see what happens after 2-3 weeks with my body =). Of course i will eat high quality food on breakfast and noon, vegetables a variety of fruits chickenmeat potatoes etc.

Just try it mate, don't listen to the "experts" on here. Some things will work for you, some wont, you have to give it a go.

My main point is not that he needs to listen to me. But that he shouldnt listen to the book/writer he was referring to.

yea but trust me im dont listening to his religious justifactions ;) im not into that, but befor i found this book i thought about the theoriy (1-2 meals only per day, big breaks between meals) and i just want to try it :). 2 years ago i made holiday in afrika for 3 weeks and there i basically only eat 1 big meal every evening and 1-2 apples in the morning thats it. my skin was sooo good, guess there were other factors too for this, but well, i willl look what happens and let u guys know then.

You could look into other methods for intermittent fasting. I was thinking of starting a thread on this for input. I'm not interested in it for 'cleansing' or anything like that. But because calorie restriction has been proven to promote longevity by improving all kinds of health conditions that affect your longevity. And intermittent fasting can supposedly produce the same results. So I would like to work out something that works easily for me.

One method of intermittent fasting is to do all your eating within an 8 hour period, then you fast for 16 hours. This is why a lot of people believe in skipping breakfast and not breaking the fast until noon. Which I could never, ever do. Morning through lunch is when I am hungry. I could skip dinner, easy. Since I usually eat breakfast around 7am, I'd just have to fast from 3pm onward.

Also, in fasting you don't have to completely eat nothing. It could just be minimal calories. I often eat only a small amount of low calorie food at dinnertime. So what happens if I eat only like 200 calories around 6pm and nothing for the next 13 hours? What benefit am I getting?

Another method is to alternate days of eating normally with days of eating only like 20% of your normal calorie intake. That seems much less appealing to me.

Here's two articles from the Marksdailyapple.com blog on methods and benefits for intermittent fasting:

The Myriad Benefits of Intermittent Fasting

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/health-bene...ittent-fasting/

Who Should and shouldn't:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/who-should-...ing/#more-19814

Edited by alternativista