Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalmog91

Not the results im expecting

I'm now 5 weeks in to the regimen using Dan's products. My skin is the worst it has ever been in my life.....Extremely dry and a couple small-medium inflamed pimples with intense redmarks. I'm following the regimen as close as I can. I guess im just look for some encouragement to keep going because right now I feel as though my skin would almost be better off with no products.

Has anyone else skin gotten worse from the regimen from over a month then made a complete turn around??? Please I need all the support I can get!!

I was about to quit the dan's regimen about 4 weeks in. I was worse then ever, new pimples EVERY DAY!! incredibly dry, itchy flaky skin, self esteem at an all time low etc..

but about week six, i really started seeing some improvements. I broke out pretty bad in week 7(i was sooo depressed), but now i'm on my 8 1/2 week and I thank God I hung in there! a pimple (it's rare that I get one now) will seriously only last a day and be gone in the morning. I can't wait til week 12 or so!! I'm soooo happy i stuck with it

it's a marathon, keep running!

BP is probably too strong for you, even at the low concentration Dan is providing.

What I can add is that besides the regimen, what is your diet like? What are your sleep patterns like?

Looking at your acne everyday and getting frustrated doesn't help you at all.

Please talk more about your daily life, then we can provide more constructive feedback.

Ok. I'm a college student that has a varying schedule during the week. But I always get at least 8 hours of sleep and apply the regimen 9-12 hours apart. My diet is about as healthy as someone living on campus can be. Good amount of fruits and veggies, i try to stay away from dairy. The occasional greasy meal i guess. I take a multivitamin and omega 3. (I take the omega 3 at least once a day twice if I remember). And I am in good shape and workout 3-4 times a week.

Hope this helps. Thanks guys!

Ok. I'm a college student that has a varying schedule during the week. But I always get at least 8 hours of sleep and apply the regimen 9-12 hours apart. My diet is about as healthy as someone living on campus can be. Good amount of fruits and veggies, i try to stay away from dairy. The occasional greasy meal i guess. I take a multivitamin and omega 3. (I take the omega 3 at least once a day twice if I remember). And I am in good shape and workout 3-4 times a week.

Hope this helps. Thanks guys!

I can definitely relate to you. I am a college student myself. I have been experiencing the worst acne of my life lately (im on day 25). The food in the commons is just greasy as anything. So salad is the only way to go. I am seeing results slowly but results is showing, so don't be decouraged.

You'll see your pimples drying out quicker than before and that the whiteheads would dry out as well and fall out as you gently wash your face before the regimen. I need to get back on working out though. Weather has been a huge bummer for me. So i rarely get out. Im thinking about doing yoga again. But i get headaches every time i do it. UG.

anyways.

Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're all in this together!

You will be fine i have faith in you!

If you are following the Regimen exactly as Dan suggests, here's what you can expect. http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

It can take up to three months to get the acne cycle under control. Try to hang in there if you can.

Yeah I read that part of the website before I ordered the products. I just dont understand how I can not see virtually any improvement in over 40 days of being on the regimen.

it took me almost 60 day to see improvement. and I actually got a small breakout a couple days ago(healed up real quick though)

I'm a 19 yo college student myself, I know how irritating it can be. Just be sure to stay away from junk food, and drink insane amounts of water. green tea helps a ton as well.

My personal goal is to be totally clear by april. i think it's gonna happen too!

I see. I get the occasional breakout of one or two pimples despite being one the BP, but the worst part is definitely the huge redmarks which just draw unwanted attention to my face. I do not pop pimples I just apply the regimen and let them run their course.

I have read on other threads that BP does prolong the redmarks, and I have to say that I definitely agree. I'm going to start using more BP because it seems that regardless of the amount I use I still have the same degree of dryness. So why not apply more? is my thinking at this point.

BP the hell outta your face!!

I used to get red, dry, really itchy patches of skin for awhile. (not sure if that's what you're getting?) but they'll disappear after a while.

BP the hell outta your face!!

I used to get red, dry, really itchy patches of skin for awhile. (not sure if that's what you're getting?) but they'll disappear after a while.

Thanks! I definitely plan on applying more BP now. My skin does not really get red from the BP, just very dry. But like I said before I have the same amount of dryness it seems regardless of the amount of BP.