Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asian828

Laser and Non-invasive scar treatments-What to watch out for

It gives me (and, I'm sure, a lot of us) much hope that there are a lot of people who have undergone successful scar treatments. I'm very happy for you all :)

I'm currently looking into scar treatments and am scared that something may go wrong and I'd be worse off than before the laser treatments. Those of you who have personally gone through the procedure (whether it be laser or non-invasive), can you please share with me anything that I may need to watch out for or make sure that I do to have the treatments go smoothly?

Can anyone share any of his or her unsuccessful stories (if there are any) so that we can all learn from it and prevent that from happening again? I'd greatly appreciate it.

By the way, I just want to share with everyone a great product I found: Dr. Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Treatment Lotion. (No, I do not work for Origins) I would definitely not recommend a product if I didn't think it worked at all. It literally calmed my skin and barely left a mark where the zit used to be. I have to say, though, that it USUALLY works. There were a couple of times when it didn't work as well. The first few times I used it, I was very obsessive in applying it; I patted it onto the affected area at least every other hour. It definitely was worth it because it completely vanished. Then I got lazy and only applied it twice a day, and the results weren't as great.

Also, does anyone know of a compassionate dermatologist in the Metrowest/Boston area who has a lot of experience doing laser treatments on Asians, more specifically Chinese people? (I'm a Chinese female). I've been looking online but haven't had much luck. Thanks!

Best of luck, everyone!