Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

Second hand smoking and acne. What do you think?

Would there be any way that second hand smoking can cause acne breakouts? The breakouts I'm talking about are like days where my skin just seems more inflamed, old red spots get new whiteheads etc.

Would it be possible? Perhaps an allergy (I also have sinus problems and my eyes itch often).

Would there be any way that second hand smoking can cause acne breakouts? The breakouts I'm talking about are like days where my skin just seems more inflamed, old red spots get new whiteheads etc.

Would it be possible? Perhaps an allergy (I also have sinus problems and my eyes itch often).

Cigarette smoke is NEVER good. I could see the correlation.

My parents both smoked since the day i was born up until a year or two ago, even when they stopped i still had acne, as bad as ever.

Maybe for some people, but not for me, and my little brothers are starting to get acne now too, and no one smokes around them anymore either.

Off topic, but i also can't smell smoke whatsoever, at least ciggerette smoke, my mom always complains how -so and so smells like an ashtray- when it just smells... like anything else, i can't detect it, always seemed weird to me.

Well I guess it can cause acne for some people but still you should stay away from it cause second hand smoke is terrible for you and can cause tons of health problems.

no. second hand smoke is even a debatable issue whether it causes increased risk of lung cancer.

swits hasnt it been shown that the negative effects are significant enough to call it a correlation...

It's never good to inhale smoke into your lungs, especially smoke filled with all kinds of carcinogens and addictive substances.

I have come across ways that cigarette smoking can affect some bodily function that affects acne. But I can't remember what they are and never made notes on it.