Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnchlebeck

Just One More Thread: Addiction to Scar Forums

Approximately how many hours per week do you spend on this web site on average?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Approximately how many hours per week do you spend on this web site on average?

• 1-5 hrs = social user
    • 5-10 hrs = functional addict
    • 10-20 hrs = serious problem
    • >20 hrs = hardcore junkie...you should be getting paid for this

Who is to say that a certain number of hours = something negative? Personally, I think this is a great place for people to discuss their scarring and research methods to improve their scarring. I don't see anything negative about that. I see complaining about something but not doing anything about it as negative. smile.gif Just my thoughts.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything negative with this poll. Last night I just came to the realization that I actually look forward to getting home sometimes so I can go online and see if there's anything new on the scar forum. I meant it more as a self-criticism. Yesterday, I had this list of things to do. I started doing some research on here, and 5 hours had passed before I finally had to tear myself away from the computer. There is some very valuable information here, and I'm truly grateful for it. Anyway, I thought it was funny that my new-found addiction is actually interfering with my life in other areas. I guess it's not really that funny though, since the reason I'm so drawn to this forum is because I am in a desperate state of mind over this acne scarring.

No need for apologies - just sharing my thoughts. I look forward to coming here too for the same reasons. I guess I don't see the need for criticism if I don't feel it's something negative. To me, there's a lot worse things to do than surf the internet. tongue.gif I have spent so many hours on this forum, I couldn't even begin to count them. wink.gif It wasn't my intent to squelch your thread, just to share my thoughts as well.

I should have voted > 20 hours per week, but does it really count if I'm actually working on the website instead of viewing it? tongue.gif

Just wanted to say thanks, Halide, for all of your hard work! This site is great!