Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nitewolf23

Spanish Acne Book Published in 1999 I found....

So I take my Mom to the Flea Market this past Sunday where I find this book in Spanish about acne.

After several hours of translating and deciphering what products the author was discussing in the book with a Torn cover, I find the author is pretty much preaching to wash with a gentle cleanser once a day and a rinse with just water once a day. The author also named 2 meds that I guess are or were available in Mexico Over- the- counter at the time. I find out she was speaking of applying a topical anti-Fungal "Clotrimazole"solution directly on the Blemish with a Q-Tip or Cotton Ball. The med will then dry and get sucked in almost immediately, it was then followed by what I find out to be Hydro-cortisone in a solution. This process was done twice daily and she claims it is one of the most effective treatments she has seen on her skin and on others she has told. I was able to find The clotrimazole solution online and at Walgreens or CVS. I know she is on to something because my Dr. told me to put these Anti-Fungal drops in my Ear a few years back when I had inflammation in my Canal along with a zit on the tip of the earway entrance. The hydrocortisone I found that was safe was "Cortizone 10" it has 1% Hydrocortisone along with Aloe and citric acid. I will begin testing this on myself Tonight and I will post anything and everything as far as progress.

Many Thanks!

interesting! let us know how it goes. I've used lotrimin (Clotrimazole) on yeast infections that my kids would get in their chubby thigh rolls on occasion. I wonder how effective this would be on acne since as far as I know, acne isn't caused by yeast-- is it?

good luck!