Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Week 1

Although i suck at keeping up journals, I want to start keeping a log of my acne treating progress, so that I don't regret or forget when I first started and abandon my regimen.

A brief description of my acne, started having acne when started first year of college, it worsened when i started dating my ex bf, stress and change of life style contributed much to my acne. Well, started actually caring for it over the past summer (2010) and you have no idea how horrible it was. They were mainly on my cheeks, left cheek more of a nodule kind, and as time went on, i started having them on my chin!!! (T.T)

Anyways, Mario badescu helped me clear up a lot, I purchased their acne repair kit as starters and ordered twice the acne healing cream and recently purchased the whitening mask.

The healing cream works wonders!!!! Also it takes a few days to see results, but you can actually see the acne healing, and the scabs going off themselves. Iv only used the whitening mask for a little while, so I can't say much about it yet. But I've read so many positive feedbacks.

As of yesterday I purchased Dan's

16oz. Treatment

Jojoba Oil

AHA+

The shipping fee was really expensive (about 15 dollars). But I still determined to give it a try. I hope its worth it, until the package arrives, I'll be finishing up my BP from nutrogena.

So this is my Week One Day 1 (starting wedsday Feb 2nd)

I do feel itch on my face, but i try not to touch it.

It is a bit red.

I see a few whiteheads forming.

I'll keep it updated.

I wish everyone beautiful skin!

Feb 3 2011, 08:49 PM

My product just got shipped!!!! I am very excited, so i'm putting up another entry.

I didn't sleep well last night because of the noise the mice make in my room. Anyways, i have been quite stressful this week, but the new pimples I got seem to have dried out today, I'm very happy about that, however I got another breakout on my upper lip, its an embarrassing place to get a pimple. But I don't care that much about it any more. Just gonna let it be.

Feb 5 2011, 03:28 PM

Yesterday, my friends and i went to chinatown and had a blasting new years meal! It was the best meal I've ever had in Chicago so far.

Updates on my skin.

I believe today is day 3 on BP aka dans regimen.

My skin doesn't itch as it was yesterday. I'm glad! Im also very happy to find that my face is suuupppeerrr soft when I wash it in the morning.

Yesterday I purchased neutrogena on the spot treatment, It says its invisible cream formula, I guess it should work while waiting for Dan's shipment to come over. It was 8 dollars though. It's 2.5%BP.

Im surprised to find that in walgreens, there aren't many 2.5%BPs.

But i'm glad i found it. I'm gonna try it tonight (if i run out the other NOTS).

Feb 6 2011, 03:49 PM

This morning my face feels fine and under control. 2-6-2010 Day one of my increased BP application and no BB cream. I hope it stays that way.

Whiteheads: 2

Comodones went away mostly. Still pimples in my temple area.

BP is great.

updates on skin

My jawline has started to feel flaky now. Sometimes i tend to rub it off (my jawlines have normal skin). Maybe I should eliminate doing that because today i will start adding jojoba oil into my regimen.

I'm excited!!!!!

Something to mention about Mario Badescu's Body Soap

I tried it (it has AHA, GRAPESEED EXTRACT ETC)

my skin feels soooooo smooth!!!! (i don't have body acne)

and hydrated. And a little squirt foams up a whole sponge! definitely something to keep.

i got it as a present for being a great costomer

Feb 10 2011, 01:42 PM

Time for another update for my face. Today is the 4th application of Dan's bp. I havae to say that my skin is having the reactions of what to expect. Im going to add AHA+ for my flaking cheek skin tonight.

Jojoba oil is working great! It is a bit shiny but it gives you a healthy shine (thats what i think)

My bf and I are exchanging gifts tonight. I hope he likes what i got for him.

I noticed that applying eye cream right after washing off bp from face will cause irratations for your eyes. So make sure you completely clean your hands before you apply eye cream if you're on the regimen.

I sitll can't help but pick my skin. WILL POWER SALLEH!!!!!!

i hope everyone's having a good time.

Feb 13 2011, 02:55 PM

I have noticed many new breakouts and irrations on my face and this is my 10th day on the regimen. and 5th day on Dan's regimen. I am expecting everything to be expected. Face is dry and itchy and flaky. It irratates me so much tht i have to put all my hair up so it doesn't brush against my hair. Im not sure if bb CREAM makes my face go worse, I just have to say that the new white heads i had yesterday all died today, yet theres another huge zit on my left chin. It's hardened up now so theres nothing more to worry about. All i have to do now is to be patient and rub my face less. Just stop worrying.

my current dosage on bp is

one full pump in the morning

and one full pump in the evening. After it dries, i apply jojoba oil all over my face and then apply moisterizer, i find that easier to apply.

yesterday i told me mom about BP and she was worried and was like its gonna make you're fragile face go worse, luckily i was able to find something to show her that it is all going to be fine

Feb 14 2011, 02:09 PM

Happy v-day guys, hope that a monday didn't ruin the fun. Today is my first day without make up on a school day on my regimen. annnnnd i'm feeling a little weird. My face looks like its sun burnt. In any case.

I have found that my wrinkles have faded!!!!! (i'm still 20 btw.) My face is still adjusting to BP, but i can see that it's getting better. At least the little comedones on the side of my face have flattened. All due to good effort. Last night i slept prettty well, and hopefully i get to sleep by myself over the weekend. I feel that I should get back to my oat meal, For some reason I have always been lazy and not wanting to move. Anyways.

Updates on face.

I keep having new whiteheads , and they grow super big and dry out the next day, which is good i think.

My face feels stingy from time to time. I just tell myself, it's the bp killing baterias, little battles going on under my skin so I'd feel better.

Good luck on my calc three exam tomorrow.

I also added AHA+ to my spot treatment. I haven't used it as moisterizer yet, cuz i want to wait for a bit. until my face doesn't sting much anymore.

Feb 16 2011, 07:50 PM

When i first starte the regimen, my face experienced temporary wrinkling in areas with BP. It felt like it wasn't mine and i was really really really wrorried and frustrated about it. But after a couple of times moisterizing with JOJOBA oil, my wrinkles were gone!!!!

About my face.

ehhhhhhhh

idk, i don't feel that bp is working really drastically right now, but im sure it'll be good someday !

number of whiteheads, about 3 (a really really huge zit))! on my chin area.

and a few other tiny ones.

i feel two cysts are coming up. ffffff.

oh well. i feel happy because im done with two of my exams this week.

Feb 21 2011, 09:03 PM

I have finally decided to not wear make up on a daily basis now, it is not doing any benefit to my skin,

my skin is purging crazy at the moment!

Bad self esteem, feeling "cornered"

I hope the white heads go away soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fingers crossed.

Day 20 on Regimen

After going through heavy chin break outs, and having my face as red as a rose. :redface: I had a few breakdown.

But my boyfriend keeps reminding me of the fact that he think im beautiful regardless of my acne. I really appreciate that.

Day 20 on the regimen, I seem to be still getting a lot of break outs, mainly on my chin area underneath my lip and there are a few new pimples with white head surfacing on my forehead. I hate looking at myself in the mirror because its just doesn't look as nice as i wish i would.

Itchiness is still something that bothers me a lot. But it gets better as the days go on. I'm trying not to scratch or pick on my scabs. Sometimes i would peel a scab and when i squizz i still get white pus coming out. EWWW.... sometimes there is blood.

today is the third day without make up, and my skin seems to be liking it.

current regimen

1.Body shop tea tree oil cleanser

2.dan's bp

3. cetaphil moisterizer for dry and sensitive skin + 2 drops of jojoba oil (really takes care of flakiness)

day 21

9:28 am

I woke up at 9 am, and my face is still a dumpster.

i didn't sleep well.

I experience uncoucious picking of skin when i was sleeping. I don't know if other people have experienced it. if it were not because of a quiz, i would have skipped the class. and just be in the room by myself.

Edited by winniepig1

DAY 22

Drinking lots of water definitely help with the improvement of the skin. I started drinking 2 liters of water through out the day yesterday and i feel that it controled my itchiness although I was still covered in acne. I feel like i go through series of break downs through the week because of my skin. I tried not putting on make up for about 4 days and it felt like going through hell. I put it on again today, it doesn't actually sting anymore. I'm happy about that result.

today i purchased

almay smart shade light to medium spf 15

almay cucumber make up remover towelletes

just in case I need to put on sheer make ups through out the rest of the regimen. I also have an interview about my summer RA job position.

Day 23.

Ehhhhh.

where do i begin. another day waking up scratching (gently) my face. I don't know if its because of the room thats too dry or the bp thats making my face itch espectially at 5 am in the morning. Tonight I'm going to make a humidifier making sure that the room is moist.

Yesterday I was doing some research on Fish oils. I'm so happy that people give me advice on them.

Updates on skin. the only new breakouts i have are little white heads. My temple and forehead is healing wonderfully. My chin and left cheek seem to be reluctant!

keeep it coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can fight you!!!!!!

Day 24

I made a humidifier for my room. i hang damp towels on the heater so the water evaporates.

Good updates:

My face doesn't itch in the morning anymore, at least I wasn't scratching it at all!

Forehead seems to be healing.

Bad updats:

Whiteheads whiteheads and whiteheads.

My face feels so bumpy when i feel it. Might as well just leave it.

Leave it leave it.

My diet from now on:

In the commons

Salad Only (beans, granolas etc)

Soup when its chicken noodle soup.

Outside of Commons

Healthy Meat. (White meats)

Supplements:

i'm going to get fish oil soon!!!!

Stay positive :)

Everyday is a new day hun :) xoxox

THANK YOU!

Day 25

I can see improvements now!!!!!! Although my acne area still feel like sand paper, after trying out as cool as kim's exfoliating method aka, jojoba oil face gentle massage before washing, really helped my face loosening up the dead skin cells and the second day the reluctant acne scabs fell off by themselves!!!!!

I am really happy.

as far as my white heads go, they keep coming up everyday, just the tiny ity lil bit ones. i'm sure they'll dry out during the day and fall off my face.

Major dietary change starting today.

<3

Edited by winniepig1

THANK YOU!

Day 25

I can see improvements now!!!!!! Although my acne area still feel like sand paper, after trying out as cool as kim's exfoliating method aka, jojoba oil face gentle massage before washing, really helped my face loosening up the dead skin cells and the second day the reluctant acne scabs fell off by themselves!!!!!

I am really happy.

as far as my white heads go, they keep coming up everyday, just the tiny ity lil bit ones. i'm sure they'll dry out during the day and fall off my face.

<3

YAY :) see!!! Things are looking up!!!

What kind of diet change are you thinking?

Xxx

THANK YOU!

Day 25

I am really happy.

<3

YAY :) see!!! Things are looking up!!!

What kind of diet change are you thinking?

Xxx

My change of diet would be

- no junk food

-oatmeal everymorning (watery ones)

-lots of veggies and fruit

-try avoiding red meat, eat white meat

-tea often

-no candies.

-try to exercise a bit.

i want to take vitamins and oils. i don't know which ones to take. What are you taking right now? whats ur diet looking like?

I pretty much eat what I want. Except I am dairy free. And this has been a GREAT thing for me. I am not sure if it is the regimen or the dairy free diet as I started both routines on the same day but it has been helping. I drink soya milk in my tea and have recently found soya yoghurt and butter. Alsoooo I naturally enjoy veggies and I love fruit. But don't get me wrong if I want some junk I will eat it. I really want good skin but not at the expense of not enjoying food! :) And I don't take any vitamins!

Edited by squares

Day 26

I hope people don't mind if i put my daily thoughts on life in here as well. I feel like good music is really therapeutic in relieving stress, and therefore acne? hehehe.

I feel like i have been a bit short tempered lately. Probably because of the way my face looks and lack of soothing music. I don't know if its me or that I really can't keep my opinions to myself. I like expressing what i think on things and i tell people, which isn't necessarily a good thing. But anyways.

Updates on face. I think i need to refuel my humidifier since this morning I kind of scratched my face again. Good improvements (a really big one!!!) the hard pump on my right cheek has softened!!!!! im really excited.

I have gotten a few whiteheads under my nosearea, but they are nothing compared to what i had before. Im glad they are just whiteheads.

I should be happy.

My boyfriend is such a positive motivation for me, he's spirit in school and life just keeps me going forward.

Edited by winniepig1

1 Month On the Regimen

Skin condition.

Had two major WHITE zits above my lip area.

really tiny little white sasames scattering around. Generally undercontrol but skin still doesn't look very nice.

Some things I could do to improve this regimen

wash face for less longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm using a foaming cleanser thats why my face has been so drying. I'll remove my make up well and try again! This time no longer than 20 seconds.

To start my second month, I'm going to add supplements into the regimen now.

Zinc,

Fish Oil

Vitamin D3 (take when not getting enough sun)

Definitely no make up on Saturedays and Sundays.

My skin needs rest.

Sleeping condition has improved a lot! Which is good. I also need to stick to my oat meal. Didn't eat it today but will tomorrow. also, i didn't drink enough water today. which is badddddd.

Alright!

Nice start into my second month!

in the mean time. SMILE, its the best concealer.

This is actually one month

1 month!!!!

still little sasame seeds on my skin. Had a few breakdowns because of them, they are just too many for me to handle.

my boyfriend is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so yeah.

improvements: find it easier to apply moisterizers now.

Day 31

On the night of day 30, I added intense BP spot treatment after moisterizing right before i go to bed. I dab a thick layer of bp on my active pimples and whiteheads. And I 'm seeing really good results.

I feel very happy and confident today. I avoided touching my face and look at myself in the mirror less. And smiled a lot. I feel confident even though I still have amillion little pimples on my face. I have faith in the regimen and I will make it work.

Tonight I'm going to start doing yoga again. I hope i don't get weird headaches from it. :)

Embrace your imperfections, they make you who you are today.

Day 33!!!!

So my non-picking approach did not work today!!!!! I involuntarily picked so many of my jaw scabs. Sighs, I hope they heal soon.

My chin is just breaking out CRAZY!!!! and between my nose and lip. it just looks ridiculous. But everything seems to be under control right now.

Today i bought clean and clear's foam cleanser. and it turns out to have fragrance and sodium laureth sulfate as the 3rd ingredient. it worries me. But its for sensitive skin, I hope it won't irritate much my skin. I'll keep using my tea tree oil one and give it a try when i'm done with that

on period feeling meh

Hey Hun :)

I say ditch the Body Shop Cleanser- I used it before and it broke me out like crazy- try Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser it really is great :)

Ha ha we both have our periods at the same time :P

Also could you check my latest post on my log- I wanted some advice about how many pumps of BP I should be using.

Keep smiling :) xxx

Hey Hun :)

I say ditch the Body Shop Cleanser- I used it before and it broke me out like crazy- try Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser it really is great :)

Ha ha we both have our periods at the same time :P

Also could you check my latest post on my log- I wanted some advice about how many pumps of BP I should be using.

Keep smiling :) xxx

HA!! we'r on the same period date? Wowwww!!! i think we should be best friends for life heh.

I bought clean and clear foaming facial cleanser, I haven't tried it yet. I think I'll go ahead and try that tonight and ditch the bodyshop cleanser. (it didn't break me out at all, i don't know I find it pretty good to use, maybe im used to it. )

I m using two pumps of treatment and it's perfect for my face. three pumps is too much i think.

:)

Day 35

Chin is still breaking out. The redness of the cheek seems to be under control for a little bit, but i still have scars everywhere...

well feeling depressed is all I can say. everywhere else on my body is flawless....why is my face the place that has the imperfections? but what can I say? Sticking to the regimen is the way to go. Today, i'm going to change my cleanser to clean and clear facial foaming cleanser for sensitive skin. I hope it changes it better, if it breaks me out, i'll be going on cetaphil gentle cleanser. Ef you acne.....

Edited by winniepig1

Ahh sweetie I feel your pain. I had a rubbish couple of days. The flakes and dryness and redness was really annoying me:@ But feeling better today. I think it is our hormones :S Wishing you well and luck :) xxx

Day 39

Well, Happy PI day everyone!

updates on skin. I'm currently in my boyfriends house for spring break. The lights are dim, so its pretty hard to see my skin clearly. But I am experiencing great redness right now, its kind of annoying. I look like I have a moustache looking from far away. Ahh!!!!!!!! I don't know if that'll be over but :(I don'tknow if the cleanser I'm using is right since its got sulfates in it. I haven't experienced severe difficulties with the cleanser, I guess i'LL GET SOME NEW ONES SOON. AHHH NOT HAPPY WITH MY FACE... :(:snooty:

Thank you sweetie for your reply :)

Hope all is well with you! Sometimes we just need to have fun and eat junk! So what! Eff the consequences :P xxx

Day 42

Didn't sleep well last night, I think it takes time for me to adjust to my own bed after 5 nights staying at my boyfriends'.

updates:

still getting breakouts, face is less red, but zits usually heal the next day. right now my cleansing routine is

water->cleanswer--> (i usually do it more than 10 seconds because im afraid it won't clean!!!)-->then apply jojoba oil in the shower-->put it on face until ready to go out of shower, give it a final rinse-->bp-->moisterizer (with gaps in between).

Is there any problem with this routine?

Ahh, also, I skipped my vitamins for three nights, I'll get back on it tonight!!!!!!

Today im going to make some green/red bean porridge.

Edited by winniepig1

Day 44

I think over the past two days, great improvements have shown on my face. Right now I don't have active whiteheads, i do still have one or two active pimples. The big one on the right side of my cheek is getting smaller day by day. I still remember the first day when it was all hard and big, and now, its small and soft (smaller than before!!). For the past two nights, i used AHA+ to moisterize my skin, and right before I go to sleep I slab on a layer more bp ONLY ON my ACTIVE acnes. And it's helped dry them out the next day.

Reflections on what I could do more to improve:

-Lots of water

-Take vitamins daily

-Stick with Regimen

-Moisterize well (alternate between AHA and moisterizer)

-Eat green bean red bean 还有è–ä»ã€‚

-sunscreen

SMILES.

thats about it.

now back to my paper.

Day 55

I'm kind of scared of the fact that I'm soon reaching my two months mark, and I suddenly started experiencing another round of break out. Maybe its due to hormones because I'm about to have my period in one week. Being a women sucks....but what can you do..?

I had been clear for a few weeks before I had this sudden break out. My left cheek seems to be healing very well, whereas my right cheek looks like a disaster, really. its so scary...

My forehead and temples are healing great!! my chin and my right cheek are the places where I need most attention now. This lump on the right side of my cheek doesn't seem to want to go away. I gets softer every day,...so i guess thats a sign of getting better?

I had been stressed out over the weekend, i guess thats why my acne got worse for a few days. My neck has been itchy...

And i need to clean my room. Maybe that helps my acne. I should get back on doing my foot spa.