Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, I get these maybe twice a year, and let me tell you I can still see the mark from one I got my senior year in high school. Yup, a cyst that comes in as a huge red blotch that makes my face look as if I were punched right beneath the eye. I am not quite sure why it happened, but sure enough I can feel it coming in and can see the slightest little whitehead forming. Anyone yet to find a way to hasten the process of these ugly things? I am not popping it thats for sure because the last time I did that I was left with one of my few scars on my face. I have been icing it every once in a while, but it is determined to show its ugly head. I have pretty sensitive skin, and I think BP breaks me out so I am not going that route either... Anything else I can try?

coLe

I think icing it is a good idea. Try taking an anti-inflamatory drug like IB Profin or something. Also, I have never done this, but I have read people on this board talk about cortizone (spelling?) shots that you can get form a dermatoligist to make the cyst go down in size. That, and I have read people say good things about tea tree oil. Just check out the old posts about these. Good luck.

I agree, you should definitely go to a dermatologist to get a shot of cortisone into the cyst. I get cysts and whenever I get one, I go to my derm to get the shot, and by the next morning, it is 100% better. Best part, no scar! Good luck!

Well the good news..... I accidently popped the white head white washing my face, was totally not intended, but I can tell its just going to be anormal pimple now. The inflamation is not very good, but there is no new whitehead forming and the pain has gone down significantly, I think just because it was on my cheek, like right where the cheek bone is, it made it more painful. Anyways, I think I got freaked over a normal whitehead, and I am guessing it will be gone within a few days, I am so glad.relieved its not what I thought it was....

coLe

I am not too sure, my insurance covers the majority of it. I am thinking about $20 per injection, but when you have one of those monsterous cysts that are extremly painful and take weeks to go away, it's worth it. Ask your derm because I am sure the price varies.

Well, my dog screwed me over lol. I felt a sharp pain after my dog jumped up on my lap and put her paws up around my face.... sure enough I went to the bathroom and there was white liquid coming out of my cheek! Since then I think my "normal" whitehead has gone cystic. I have a appointment tomorow morning to get a corrtisone shot, my first, which I hope helps a lot. My only concern is getting some sort of atrophy after the shot and it leaving a thumb print-like mark on my cheek. I have read on the net this happens to a lot of people, but I guess I would rather have this then the pain of the cyst growing. Wish me luck!

coLe