Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

Questions about my skin, dryness and oilyness

Had acne when i was younger, pretty mild but that seems to have cleared up since i started only washing with water. Now i only occasionally get the one spot, usually only a couple a month which doesn't bother me at all.

The reason i make this topic is because i've had dry/flakey skin but also quite oily. Skin will flake but it's been lots better since i started using a moisturiser for sensitive skin. If i don't use it my skin will feel tight with dry flakey skin that's only gets worse if rubbed. The areas around my cheek and nose is what annoys me the most, with my nose very often becoming quite red with large visible pores and excess oilyness everynow and again. I also see a lot of visible pores on the areas around my nose. I'm just wondering what i can do, i'd start using a cleanser but i don't want any acne to come back and cause me more issues with my skin as i don't know how it'd react after using only water for so long. I don't exfoiliate or use toner as i try to put as little on my skin as possible due to irritation.

Edited by Inty

Had acne when i was younger, pretty mild but that seems to have cleared up since i started only washing with water. Now i only occasionally get the one spot, usually only a couple a month which doesn't bother me at all.

The reason i make this topic is because i've had dry/flakey skin but also quite oily. Skin will flake but it's been lots better since i started using a moisturiser for sensitive skin. If i don't use it my skin will feel tight with dry flakey skin that's only gets worse if rubbed. The areas around my cheek and nose is what annoys me the most, with my nose very often becoming quite red with large visible pores and excess oilyness everynow and again. I also see a lot of visible pores on the areas around my nose. I'm just wondering what i can do, i'd start using a cleanser but i don't want any acne to come back and cause me more issues with my skin as i don't know how it'd react after using only water for so long. I don't exfoiliate or use toner as i try to put as little on my skin as possible due to irritation.

If water is working for you then try not to change a whole lot. As far as considering a cleanser, Glymed makes such a nice gentle cleanser. It doesn't lather, there are no harsh chemicals. If you go with a cleanser make sure it's a gentle one.