Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pocket

My Accutane Journey (17/female/110lbs)

Bad News!

I didn't plan on updating for a little while but i received a frustrating phone call from the pharmacy and the pills i took made me very sick to my stomach. The tetracycline made me throw up and had me in bed 2 hours after i took it. I am not taking that stuff anymore, and when i say that, i mean i wouldn't be able to anyways! The pharmacy called and said that they stopped making tetracycline and had given me the last bottle. Also, the cream and face wash i was prescribed won't be in for another month. I called my dermatologist and left him a long message. Maybe this is fate and will somehow convince him to just put me back on my beloved accutane. It's the only treatment that has EVER worked for me!

Booooo! :[

Tetracycline must be taken with food or it WILL make you very nauseous. I'm surprised that this wasn't listed on the outside of the bottle that the pharmacy gave you. If you didn't taken your last pill with a meal, that's probably why you threw up.

I took it with food and milk just like the bottle said. I'm very familiar with these types of pills. I went through the same thing when i was on Doxycycline. I just don't think they are a good match for me! D:

That's unfortunate, hope you're feeling better now. I only got sick once on Doxy and that was because I took the pill without food or drink. My body soon let me know of it's disapproval! :lol: Fingers crossed that you can find a more suitable alternative, or indeed get another shot at Accutane. :)

Wowww I can't believe how fast and beautifully your skin cleared!

Sorry to hear it's returning now, but hopefully a second course will clear you once and for all :)

I'm sorry to see you might need to go though Accutane round again. I hope you get the right medicine you can try before you really have to do it. Reading your post, I remember I also got really sick from one of the antibioticks, I think it was doxy - but it was only bacause I had very little food with it. I wonder how come your derm prescribed you something thats been discontinued. If you decide to go on Accutane again, I think you should wait at least 6 months after your last pill. However, try some other medication before that. I hope something will work out and I wish you luck.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your kindness. My skin IS doing better but i haven't been taking the Tetracycline. I haven't updated because i'm still waiting on a phone call from my Dermatologist discussing the discontinuation of the medication I've been prescribed. Maybe this was a fluke breakout? I think it's common to have a breakout 3-5 months after your last pill. Who knows! Maybe i'm making it up to make myself feel better lol. I have no active breakouts, just red spots now. I am relieved because i know i can cover the redness with makeup. <3

Hello everyone. I am happy to report that my skin is back to being completely clear. I guess it's normal to have some sort of breakout 3-5 months post accutane. I think i overreacted D:

Current Skin Care Routine-

Before i get this started, i want to point out that i use practically all Mario Badescu Skin Care. I trust this brand and have never gotten a reaction from it. I have eczema, redness and melasma. I have to be extremely careful with what i put on my skin.

Foundation or "Base" wise: I use the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation or the Physicians Formula Color Correcting Powder depending on the occasion. I use other makeup products but i thought i'd just stick to the stuff that goes directly on my skin.

Makeup Remover: Mario Badescu Cucumber Makeup Removing Cream is awesome especially now that i have dry skin and it's Winter making it more so that way. I apply some Cream onto my DRY face and eyes and gently move my hands in a circular motion. Then, i take a washcloth that is soaked in warm water and gently remove. Boom. Done.

Face Wash: I was gifted with a Clarisonic Mia and the Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head this past year and i'm in love. With that, i like to use either the Mario Badescu Cream Cleanser (I find this better than Cetaphil) or the Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser.

Moisturizer: Mario Badescu Cream X. This stuff is intense and was an investment. $40?! I know, i know. BUT, it is soooo amazing for Winter. I have no flakiness or rough patches like i usually would. First cream I've tried that actually does the job without making me feel like i smeared butter on my face. I will not be using this in the warmer months because it will be too much. During the warmer season, i LOVE the Mario Badescu Hydro Emollient Cream.

Scar Cream: Mederma Scar Cream. I am testing this out. No significant change yet, but it's only been a week.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'd love to hear from you guys! It will be a year very soon since I've taken my first pill. I can't believe it!

<3