Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pocket

My Accutane Journey (17/female/110lbs)

Congrats! Your so lucky your skin has healed so quick. Post a picture from your prom. That was always my favorite part of prom in highschool, wearing my dress and getting my hair and make-up done!

You look soo good girl! I see all the products youre using! Do you have super sensitive skin? And are they hyrdrating enough? I'm trying to come up with a regimen while im on tane. ;-)

WEEK 6

My skin is doing great. My cheeks are a little red but other than that my face/chest is clear. My hair is drier but with conditioning treatments i've been fine. No oil is producing anymore. I wake up and my oily areas are matte. I don't even have to powder my foundation. My lips are drier but i've been able to keep them looking and feeling normal using my cortibalm (highly reccomended). I started taking vitamin C tablets to keep my immune system up. I've been getting a runny nose lately. My joints have also been bothersome. Trying to get comfortable to sleep/waking up in the morning can sometimes be painful (not like oh my god im going to die but like you worked out a ton). I don't like to sit down for to long either.

Prom is this Saturday. I got my wish to be clear for prom. I can wear my strapless dress and be confident. I'm very happy. I'll post update pictures and maybe a picture from prom after it's all over and i have a chance to relax. Thanks everyone! <3

Hi! I just joined this site. It's awesome. I have been reading through everyone's accutane posts trying to get some insight and see how everyone else deals with it. Everyone is so nice and helpful! Your blog thing stood out to me the most because I am 18 (just turned 18 Sunday) and I too want to be clear for graduation! My prom was last weekend and unfortunately I was NOT clear at all. I have been on accutane for two months now :( Im so happy for you that you are all clear after one month! Thats awesome!! Hopefully I will be clear by graduation. Have fun at prom this weekend :) Senior prom is the best!

Ps your picture with no make up looks AMAZING. I hope I will be there soon!!

:)

Thank you so much. I love how everyone on here is so supportive and kind. I turn 18 in September >.< Ugh so far away! Happy Birthday though :D I'm not sure if my Accutane experience is common but from reading other logs, i know you will be clear! Just hang in there and you WILL see a difference. It's such a good time too because the weather is warming up and more moisture will be in the air. I will be following you (omg that sounds so creepy!) to see how you are for graduation. I graduate June 1st. Time is flying. Again, i appreciate you being so kind :] Good luck!

You look soo good girl! I see all the products youre using! Do you have super sensitive skin? And are they hyrdrating enough? I'm trying to come up with a regimen while im on tane. ;-)

Thank you! Yes, i do have sensitive skin. I was born with eczema so i've ALWAYS had to be careful when it came to putting stuff on my skin. Everything i use is super hydrating!

AM:

Splash warm water onto my face

Exfoliate with st ives sometimes (I wouldnt reccomend this if you have active acne/ fragile dry skin)

Wash with Mario Badescu Cleansing Milk with Carnation and Rice Oil (this stuff leaves your skin hydrated with the oil)

Pat dry with a wash cloth (this also helps to remove some of the excess oil from the cleanser)

Apply Mario Badescus Rose Hips Nourishing Oil (LOVE)

Apply Mario Badescus Hydro Emollient Cream

Apply Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream

Use Eyedrops if necessary

PM:

On dry skin i rub Mario Badescu Cucumber Makeup Remover Cream (including eyes)

Wet a wash cloth with warm water and then gently take it off along with all of my makeup

Continue with the above steps :]

For my body i just use Aveenos Skin Relief cream. It comes in a huge tub with a dark blue cap if you're interested. I also constantly apply Dr. Dans Cortibalm. This stuff is amazing. My lips haven't cracked or have become chapped. I would check it out on Amazon. I got a pack of 3 for 10 dollars!

I hope this has helped <3

Congrats! Your so lucky your skin has healed so quick. Post a picture from your prom. That was always my favorite part of prom in highschool, wearing my dress and getting my hair and make-up done!

Thank you :] I will definitely post pictures. They will be up on Mothers Day!

Hi Courtney!

I just wanted to wish you well at Prom tomorrow! You r going to look like a princess. Let loose, and have the best time. It such a miracle that accutane helped you, and you deserve all the happiness that is coming your way.

Accutane is working for me, but I keep hitting bumps along the way. Like my lips are covered in a rash again....I diagnosed it as lips eczema...I'm goingnto try the cortibalm again..it just didn't seam that soothing to me. And, I have another big bump on my cheek, which I know will take a while to clear, plus, now I have a cold, which sucks on accutane. Besides that, I'm pretty happy, and packing for Vegas this week! We will see how my skin reacts to the hot dessert sun.

Thank you so much Susie :] I can't wait. On Mothers Day i'll post pictures. I haven't even slept yet for the big night lol. I'm such a night owl. It's 3:20AM where i'm at. You're so kind to me. I appreciate it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your hard time. Have you talked to your doctor about it? Maybe he can reccomend something to soothe your lips. I would say maybe the Blistex medicated lip ointment but i don't want you to risk making it worse or burn. Start taking Vitamin C chewables. I've been having a runny nose/sneezing a lot lately and they seem to help some. Plus, they taste like candy :P Hang in there girl, it won't be to much longer till you'll be clear! I don't think my experience with Accutane is a common one. I'm so glad that you're staying positive. Have fun in Vegas :D I hope to go someday. It's on the other side of the country from where i'm at haha and i've never been on a plane >.< Good luck <3

PROM

This picture was taken on my phone and will upload a better quality/more upclose one when i download the pictures off of my camera. I had such a good time! My feet were killing me though lol.

http://tinypic.com/r/qnk510/7 (sun was in my eyes and was on a slanted driveway in heels :P but my skin was clear woot woot ! :D)

Wow! You look so fab! I never looked anything like that at my prom, but then again 80s fashion sucked. You don't have one blemish!!!!!!!! You don't even look dry like your on accutane...your hair looks so healthy. Now I really am kicking myself for not following your beauty advice to a tee..lol

Is that the first time you wore lip color, or do you normally wear lipstick with no prob. I still want to wear lip color soooo bad, but I always get a rash.

Well, now you relax, and just enjoy life. Your parents and boyfriend must be sooooo happy. Keep me updated. I asked for 60 mg today, so we will see if that speeds up my progress!

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Wow! You look so fab! I never looked anything like that at my prom, but then again 80s fashion sucked. You don't have one blemish!!!!!!!! You don't even look dry like your on accutane...your hair looks so healthy. Now I really am kicking myself for not following your beauty advice to a tee..lol

Is that the first time you wore lip color, or do you normally wear lipstick with no prob. I still want to wear lip color soooo bad, but I always get a rash.

Well, now you relax, and just enjoy life. Your parents and boyfriend must be sooooo happy. Keep me updated. I asked for 60 mg today, so we will see if that speeds up my progress!

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Thank you!!! My mom let me try on her prom dress from the 80s and i don't know if i want to post that picture xD It was a long white dress with lots of ruffles and pink bows. I love lipstick but have been sticking to gloss only until i'm done with my treatment. I did wear some for prom though. I had no problems! I wore MACs Viva Glam Cyndi. It's a lustre finish so it wasn't drying. They are so happy for me :] I think i might be put on 60mg when i have my next appointment because he said he would probably do so. I hope it speeds up your progress. Good luck <3

Been reading through your log, and I have to say, you looked absolutely stunning for prom! Your skin is glowing and that dress is amazing. :D

I really want one now...

Good luck with the rest of your journey hun!

xx

You looked beautiful! Love the dress!

Thank you so much :] I really appreciate your comment !

Been reading through your log, and I have to say, you looked absolutely stunning for prom! Your skin is glowing and that dress is amazing. :D

I really want one now...

Good luck with the rest of your journey hun!

xx

Thank you so much. It feels really good how nice people are on here :] I got my dress from Jessica McClintock in the color beige if you're interested! Good luck <3

I remember predicting that you wouldn't be clear by prom.

Glad I was wrong.

I don't blame you for thinking i wouldn't be clear. It was such a short time being on the medication and it cleared me up pretty fast. I want to say it has to do with the doxycycline purging everything out before i went on Accutane but i could be wrong. Thank you :]

I am in love with your dress!

I wish I had boobs to be able to pull off dresses like that. Haha!

And your skin looks amazing. I have a love/hate relationship with seeing people post Accutane. It gives me hope but then it makes me upset that I am a long way off from looking anything like that. Haha.

I am in love with your dress!

I wish I had boobs to be able to pull off dresses like that. Haha!

And your skin looks amazing. I have a love/hate relationship with seeing people post Accutane. It gives me hope but then it makes me upset that I am a long way off from looking anything like that. Haha.

I know how you feel! You will be there soon. Time actually goes by fast i think. I still can't believe that i'll be on my third month soon. That dress actually flattened my boobs lol. I got it from JessicaMcClintock.com if you're interested. I'm not sure if it's still there. I got it in the color beige. Goodluck and thank you! <3

2 MONTHS

I'm into week 8 and my skin is still looking good. It's just dry and so is my hair. I've been hit with a sore throat and stuffy nose so that's why i haven't posted for week 7. I apologize! I can't get enough water. I've been very thirsty lately and the hot weather isn't helping although the air is so moisturizing. My next derm appointment is on the 25th so i'll be finding out if my dosage will change to 60mg a day. Anyways, i hope everyone is doing better <3 Pictures will be up as soon as i'm feeling better. I'm just not in the mood to be taking pictures and being on the computer. Thanks for all of the support :]

ps; Is it okay to swim while on Accutane? I just wanted to know peoples reactions to swimming in salt water and chlorine water.

Hi! First off, YOUR SKIN LOOKS AMAZING! You must be so happy to have been clear for prom; trust me, I know how you feel my prom was last weekend and I started Tane only 3 days before it haha. Make sure you don't get dehydrated and drink a ton of water!! Good luck!

Hi Courtney!

So, since you work in a hair salon, I'm pretty sure you told me that.. do you think the keratin treatment would be good for my hair? Im afraid the hot iron with the chemicals would be a bad choice. I think they may have improved the treatments since I last did it. My hair is looking a bit drab these days. My hair is naturally curly/wavy.

Sounds like your still doing great, sorry about your cold. Its so uncomfortable on accutune. I know first hand. Cold Eze... helps me alot.

Ugh I know the feeling! I've had 4 colds since starting accutane in February. I think it's def. related to accutane.

Edited by pinkstarlett

Hi! First off, YOUR SKIN LOOKS AMAZING! You must be so happy to have been clear for prom; trust me, I know how you feel my prom was last weekend and I started Tane only 3 days before it haha. Make sure you don't get dehydrated and drink a ton of water!! Good luck!

Thank you :] I've been drinking water like crazy, don't worry! Lol. I hope you enjoyed your prom <3 Good luck.

Ugh I know the feeling! I've had 4 colds since starting accutane in February. I think it's def. related to accutane.

It's awful. My nose is going through hell lol.