Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emylie

Emy's 10mg accutane log!

Hellooo everyone! So FINALLY. YES.YES. I started accutane TODAY! 10mg a day, to begin with. So I will be glad to share my course with all of you! I have moderate acne, especially clogged pores. And I know a lot of people are conserned about this type of treatment. My skin is not the worst case, but I have persistant acne since i'm 13. It got better sometimes, but in the end, it always came back. It even got worst in the past few months, my pores are very clogged, I feel like my cheeks screaming at me to get them clean!!...Anyway, I also have blackheads on my nose, cheeks,forehead. They are not very big, but they really get annoying. I can't go to work and then come back home and feel confortable with my skin, it either feels itchy, oily, infected. So hopefully accutane will push out everything. I'm 18 and im very sick of waisting my time by worrying like that! So I popped my first pill tonight, I will update in maybe 3 days.

I hope this might help somebody, it will be a pleasure to answer your questions ! :surprised:

And I might post some pictures in the next weeks..

Here I come ACNE BITCH

Your face sounds just like mine when I started! Clogged pores on cheeks that were kind of bumpy, and blackheads everywhere! I would love to see pictures to compare lol. Good luck girl :)

Your face sounds just like mine when I started! Clogged pores on cheeks that were kind of bumpy, and blackheads everywhere! I would love to see pictures to compare lol. Good luck girl :)

Did you see improvement for your blackheads and clogged pores ??.. I'm only on 10mg, if I don't see changes in the next months I might ask my derm to high de dosage

My doctor said the lowest dose she would give me is 40 mg, because the change of coming back is greater if any less than that. I hope to hear about your 10mg results because if that works it will be great.

My doctor said the lowest dose she would give me is 40 mg, because the change of coming back is greater if any less than that. I hope to hear about your 10mg results because if that works it will be great.

I think that next month she might increase the dosage. Because 10mg is good, but kinda long. 20mg or 30 would be perfect

Hey good luck! I've had persistent acne since I was about 12 and I'm almost 18 - so we are in the same boat. I almost did accutane a couple years ago. I really wish I did! Can't wait to hear about your results.

Day 4

Hey guys, it's been 4 days since I took my first accutane pill. I can't really tell the difference by now, but I can feel like my skin isn't producing too much oil. So that's a good thing.

I still have little bumps pretty much everywhere on my chin. I don't have dry skin/lips yet.

My nose is kinda swollen, I don't know why. I have lots of clogged pores and blackheads on it, I hope that accutane will clear those bitches uppppppppp :mad:

But still, I'll probably ask my derm for a higher dose next month!

So yeah, post will be a little more interesting when the pill will actually kick in. The first weeks are just a bit slow to see improvment.

So I'm going to the gym, feel a bit ugly with my skin but I'll feel proud and confortable when it's gonna be done :)

have a good dayyy ;)

Did you see improvement for your blackheads and clogged pores ??.. I'm only on 10mg, if I don't see changes in the next months I might ask my derm to high de dosage

Yes, my clogged pores have mostly all left. However, they did so by turning into pimples :( Not fun, especially when they leave super red marks that take forever to fade! As far as blackheads go...not really any improvement yet. I'm on day 80 and not even close to where I want to be skin wise. I take 60mg a day though, so I'm taking 6x as much as you are. 10mg is an extremely low dose.....how much do you weigh? I'm only 5'2 and weigh 101lbs.

DAY 7 / ONE WEEK ON ACCUTANE

Allright.. So it's been now today 7 days since I began accutane. Difference? Well, a bit. My skin is more confortable. My cheeks are less itchy and I can feel that the oil in my face decreased. I don't know if it's always been like this, but I can see lots of blackheads on my nose and the area around it! I really want them to go away! The bumps on my chin feel the same, but I think that my skin is not producing more pimples. I still think that 10mg is not enough but I stay optimistic. When I woke up this morning I looked at myself and felt like shit, but its okay. I have to tell myself over and over again that it's going to get away :s

Have a good day everyone and thanks for reading me.

FUCK BLACKHEADSSS :wall:

Yes, my clogged pores have mostly all left. However, they did so by turning into pimples :( Not fun, especially when they leave super red marks that take forever to fade! As far as blackheads go...not really any improvement yet. I'm on day 80 and not even close to where I want to be skin wise. I take 60mg a day though, so I'm taking 6x as much as you are. 10mg is an extremely low dose.....how much do you weigh? I'm only 5'2 and weigh 101lbs.

I weight 125lbs !! Can you believe it..10mg is so low! But I think that for the first month it might be good, it's giving time to my skin for getting used to the accutane ... Anyway I wish you all the best for your skin! We're in the same boat ! ;)

Day 11 On accutane and..... REDNESSS

WOwwww I didn't know I had SO much things under my skin !! I have all these red bumps on the side of my jaws! Plus my blackheads are just burning up!! Anywayy.... I think the initial break out is starting.. It's at the same time scary and exciting! HAha

HOPE IS THE ONLY THING I SEE :pray:

Hellooo everyone! So FINALLY. YES.YES. I started accutane TODAY! 10mg a day, to begin with. So I will be glad to share my course with all of you! I have moderate acne, especially clogged pores. And I know a lot of people are conserned about this type of treatment. My skin is not the worst case, but I have persistant acne since i'm 13. It got better sometimes, but in the end, it always came back. It even got worst in the past few months, my pores are very clogged, I feel like my cheeks screaming at me to get them clean!!...Anyway, I also have blackheads on my nose, cheeks,forehead. They are not very big, but they really get annoying. I can't go to work and then come back home and feel confortable with my skin, it either feels itchy, oily, infected. So hopefully accutane will push out everything. I'm 18 and im very sick of waisting my time by worrying like that! So I popped my first pill tonight, I will update in maybe 3 days.

I hope this might help somebody, it will be a pleasure to answer your questions ! :surprised:

And I might post some pictures in the next weeks..

Here I come ACNE BITCH

Hey, i also have mild to moderate acne, started at puberty. I started on 10mg a day on 13/03/2011. Its been 4 days and my face seems less oily. i also seem to be breaking out a little bit more then usual, in places where i didnt have any spots before, so im assuming its the 'initial breakout' stage. i'm thinking of having 20mg from 2nd month as 10mg seems like it'll take long time to take affect.

i'll check out ur updates to compare with mines..lets hope 10mg does the job :D