Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on spironolactone now for 8 months and have seen a significant improvement in my mild hormonal/ stress related acne. Has anyone else had success with this!?

I have been on spironolactone now for 8 months and have seen a significant improvement in my mild hormonal/ stress related acne. Has anyone else had success with this!?

I'm starting my second month. I began at 100mg. Know I'm on 150mg.

What's your dosage? Can you tell me a little bit about your experience the first months?

I have been on it for 8 months. I never had acne before and all of a sudden at 20 my stress from school and bad diet and hormones went crazy and I started breaking out. I refuse to take birth control or antibiotics..so after hearing good reviews I gave into spiro. I don't know if I had an initial breakout cause at that time I was always breaking out. But I noticed each month the breakouts get smaller and smaller. I was only on 50 mg for the first few months then realized I need to up it to get the results I want. I'm now on 125 combined with the dadashie system and change of diet. My beautiful skin I once had is finally returning. Took long enough! What is your guys experiences so far?

Okay I've been on 150mg for a week now. Don't want to jinx myselft, but my face is looking way much better. Only 1 whitehead under my chin. I notice my skin is a little drier, but I don't know if it's the spiro or the atralin gel I've been faithfully using for 1 week know.

Although I don't fee thirsty, I did notice today that the corners of my mouth are dry (cotton mouth). I did have a headach all day yesterday, but it may that I didn't take the time to drink water- shame on me! I don't have a head ache today, which is great. By the way have any of you felt like your muscles twitching. As I lay in bed, as small area on the back of my leg started to twitch.