Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Down4Watever

Does Differin really work?

I have been on long-term low dose accutane for a little over a year and want to give me body a break...I am seeing my derm on thursday about trying differin gel, and i am just wondering what the general consensus on it is?

thanks

Well, I've been using Differin for probably around 5 months, and it worked pretty well, but just recently it pretty much stopped working. I don't know why. I use the .03%. I'm pretty sure what happens is that your skin adjusts to it and it just stops working efficiently. Good luck, though!

Im on week 8 of differin i also take Erthromycin twice a day to stop it being inflamed. I have had a number of breakouts, can really see it bringint it all to the surface now though, lots of whiteheads everyday at the moment but i warm shower and a teatree and witch hazel gel every night seem to sort these out without having to pop them, it is drying so moisturise!!!! really hoping between week 8 and 12 my skin starts to get smoother and look nicer for summer and for when i go home from Uni for summer.

If you have any other questions just ask.

:)