Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArnOokami

Help! my wedding is almost here

Im new here and im looking for some help.Im 20 years old and I get married in May. Im so excited except my back will be showing in my dress. I have very bad bacne from the back of my neck down to about mid back. Ive tried many different attempts. Ive tried washing twice a day then once and then went to every other, thinking maybe im over doing it. Moisturize with a lotion that came in a face wash set. Tried different cleansers. None of that work so I changed my lifestyle. I dont eat very fatty, oily, sweet foods often and I exercise often too. Take omega 3,Vit. D, Ect. So, as you can see im going crazy trying to figure this out. Anything I can try to get rid of this once and for all?

Try gold bond extra strength medicated powder. It helped me clear up. Super messy, but it keeps things dry and feels soothing. Good luck! I got married when I too had bad back acne. Luckily no picking, some time in the sun ( ok, too much time in the sun) and make-up covered it up on the day of my wedding.

I'm now totally clear and gold bond helped. As did getting over my picking OCD.

I wish I had something that works for body acne! I was so stressed out about that too for my wedding day (also in May)! Honestly the only thing that worked for me was getting some sun. I know how bad that is for you, but I was desperate! I got a nice tan and had my maid of honor put a little makeup on some bad spots and all was well. I am sure you will be a beautiful bride! Professional photography is also wonderful! Our photos looked amazing! With retouching I got to see what I would look like with perfect skin!

Just do your best to enjoy the day..it really goes by so fast!

Hi ArnOokami

I'm a newbie here but unfortunately not so new to acne. I'm in a race against time too. Not for my own wedding but my brother's in June. My bacne was so bad that it would bleed.

What I've found to work miracles is benzoyl peroxide. I strongly suggest you read through the regimen here and follow it. The most important bit of it is to get yourself lots and lots of benzoyl peroxide. Don't be sparing with how much you put onto your back and, more importantly, make sure you do it twice a day if you can. Once if you don't. Since I started using liberal amounts of it on a regular basis, my back has started to heal up very nicely indeed and very few new spots have appeared.

I agree with the Benzoyl Peroxide method. Wash once daily. You can even use a wash cloth to scrub (LIGHTLY) because the skin on your back is a lot thicker and less sensitive than on your face. Then apply a BP topical. If it comes down to it, keeping your hair down and makeup on your back will help on your wedding day. No one will even notice your bacne. They'll just notice how beautiful and how happy you are.

accutane

Accutane should only ever be a very last resort. It's really risky, actually. Haven't anyone seen the lawsuits coming out against it?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

buy a spray bottle and a bottle of nakano all natural rice vinegar and a bottle of jasons tea tree oil. pour the vinegar into the spray bottle and add a nice amount of tea tree oil, spray and rub in 15-30 mins before each shower and apply it before bed.

you can dab the tea tea oil on to stubborn zits to really dry them out.

it works!!

I had back acne last April...it was so upsetting. The best advice I got was to start using dial antibactiirial body wash. I've been using it ever since and have never had a problem since. Also, I think I started my own problem by picking at a zit which caused it tospread ounof control. good luck!