Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

Dermarolling with .20 needles

I did a lot of research on dermarolling recently. I know you need 1.5 mm to get rid of scars and build collagen, but I don't feel comfortable doing that on myself because I am scared I'd cause damage and I'd need to buy a new roller each time to avoid contamination. I would rather have a MD do it.

I really just want to cause a bit of microswelling right now. I don't want to get rid of the scars, just make them look better. I also want to see how my skin reacts to needling with a safe made for home self needler before I get it done professionally.

Has anyone used the .20 dermaroller? Does it cause microswellling?

Since it doesn't penetrate the epidermis I don't think I need to worry about damaging my skin. I've just never heard of anyone on here using it and would love to hear about experiences if someone has.

I'm probably going to buy it, but was hoping to get some experiences.

Edited by Anti - Em

I did a lot of research on dermarolling recently. I know you need 1.5 mm to get rid of scars and build collagen, but I don't feel comfortable doing that on myself because I am scared I'd cause damage and I'd need to buy a new roller each time to avoid contamination. I would rather have a MD do it.

I really just want to cause a bit of microswelling right now. I don't want to get rid of the scars, just make them look better. I also want to see how my skin reacts to needling with a safe made for home self needler before I get it done professionally.

Has anyone used the .20 dermaroller? Does it cause microswellling?

Since it doesn't penetrate the epidermis I don't think I need to worry about damaging my skin. I've just never heard of anyone on here using it and would love to hear about experiences if someone has.

I'm probably going to buy it, but was hoping to get some experiences.

I used a .5 three times and it worked okay. I think I need to use it more to see better results. My skin wasnt that different after but I had no negative results. I think you have to use it long term and at least use a .5 to have any collagen growth at all.

I don't want to go above .20 because there's risk involved and I'd be so mad at myself for being so stupid if I made things worse. I'd rather go to MD who does it and then I can know that I took all the precautions if something goes wrong. I don't want to be like 'what if I had been more careful.'

I'm fine with microswelling for now. I may decide to get it done but I'm not sure. I know it can work well but I am not sure it's the right procedure for me ( the 1.5 mm.) I think I'd like to try subcision first and work my way up. I did a lot of research and while it looks very promising it can mess you up if done wrong. Buying rollers off the internet can be iffy. I also worry about getting staph which can be very disfiguring and can happen if you use the rollers more than once. At a MD, they use it once and throw it out. The needles penetrate the epidermis so can cause infection. There have been cases of MD's seeing patients that self rolled with 1.5 needles having staph that required more surgery. Also, if the needles aren't the best steel they can harm you. Reusing can cause bent needles that can tear up your face too as can defective rollers. I just have too many concerns for a needle that penetrates the epidermis.

Thanks. I'm really not looking for collagen growth if I do it on my own. I just want microswelling. If I go higher I am having it done by a MD.

Did you notice any microswelling?

Yes it gave me major micro swelling! I am to scared to go above .5

I did notice improvement on the right side of my face by my nose (the pores got smaller) .... because I rolled on that side more to test it.. I'm going to order another one soon

Thanks. I'm really not looking for collagen growth if I do it on my own. I just want microswelling. If I go higher I am having it done by a MD.

I did notice improvement on the right side of my face by my nose (the pores got smaller) .... because I rolled on that side more to test it.. I'm going to order another one soon

Really?! I'm glad to hear that. How long did you roll for? How often? They say it's safe to use this one 3-5 times a week.

They say not to use a lot of pressure because the needles are pressure enough and anymore you apply can cause damage. Did you roll hard?

Where did you get yours?

Edited by Anti - Em

Really?! I'm glad to hear that. How long did you roll for? How often? They say it's safe to use this one 3-5 times a week.

They say not to use a lot of pressure because the needles are pressure enough and anymore you apply can cause damage. Did you roll hard?

Where did you get yours?

Well I don't want to promise false hopes.. It wasn't a miracle cure for pores.. But they did improve slightly after 3x in one week (then I broke it because I was cleaning it wrong)

I DO NOT recommend the place I bought it.. scintica or whatever because it was so expensive and only got 3 uses! I have a lot of improvement on my forehead.. I will be ordering another one soon probably from dr.roller.. I put pressure on my forehead more so then my cheeks..

I think it would take numerous times to notice a lot of improvement.

Microswelling from that will probably only last a few hours, I doubt even eight. Maybe pores are different, I have never tried for that.

Where did you get yours?

Well I don't want to promise false hopes.. It wasn't a miracle cure for pores.. But they did improve slightly after 3x in one week (then I broke it because I was cleaning it wrong)

I DO NOT recommend the place I bought it.. scintica or whatever because it was so expensive and only got 3 uses! I have a lot of improvement on my forehead.. I will be ordering another one soon probably from dr.roller.. I put pressure on my forehead more so then my cheeks..

Pore improvement would be good, because I have a lot of scarred pores or big pores, sometimes it's hard to tell.

I'm REALLY afraid it will break me out! How were you cleaning it?

I didn't buy from that place. I bought from the original dermaroller people. They really don't sell the 1.5 rollers to anyone, because I tried to buy on and they call you. I wanted to see if their claim they only sell them to MD's was a scam to make them look legit. Anyway, I don't know if their roller is any better than others, but that's where I bought. I don't even recall seeing .20 mm. anywhere else...?

Microswelling from that will probably only last a few hours, I doubt even eight. Maybe pores are different, I have never tried for that.

We'll see....I' trying it. :D But you're right, I doubt the swelling will last very long.

Where did you get yours?

Pore improvement would be good, because I have a lot of scarred pores or big pores, sometimes it's hard to tell.

I'm REALLY afraid it will break me out! How were you cleaning it?

I didn't buy from that place. I bought from the original dermaroller people. They really don't sell the 1.5 rollers to anyone, because I tried to buy on and they call you. I wanted to see if their claim they only sell them to MD's was a scam to make them look legit. Anyway, I don't know if their roller is any better than others, but that's where I bought. I don't even recall seeing .20 mm. anywhere else...?

We'll see....I' trying it. :D But you're right, I doubt the swelling will last very long.

Good Evening!

I just wanted to add into this conversation. I just received my 1.5mm dermaroller tonight from Dr. Roller. Just used it on my left side of face.