Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emylie

Going through days...

Hey guys, so today I've got my first appointment with my new derm. And you know what? If I could go there with a paper bag on my face, I WOULD. I just always feel like everybody's looking at my face all the time!.. Minutes are so long, all you can think about is your skin, and you feel your cheeks burning up, like they scream at me to clean them out !... Why is it so hard to get up every morning ?... I look at the window... see the world.. I feel stuck! I want to do so many things, and even if I did them with my acne, I wouldnt enjoy it. Just because it doesnt get any better.. anyway, so this is going to be a tough day, hoepfully I will see my derm and she will prescribe me accutane. I know she won't judge me, but the feeling of having somebody looking at me in the eye is so hard... I have to keep my head high and think that this is only a phase... So anyway I just want to tell you guys, that if you ever wake up in the morning and feel like shit, I am with you, we're not alone, so I think it's good to support each other. One day we will get up and feel free, confident!

Shucks!! I feel the same too. I'm forced to go out into the world like this, becasue I have to. I need to work to support help support my family. I have to take my son to school each day and head to work. The good thing is that I work in front of a computer all day in an enclosed cubicle. But I hate it - I hate hiding or covering up. I see my dermatolgist today as well and I hate waiting fro the spiro to work. I have been getting more whiteheads since the time I saw him. In my mind it's getting worse. An I refuse to us the Atralin gel, since it's make my face so terribly uncomforatable. An I swear broke me out more. The gel is torture. There has to be a better way. Looking forward to seeing him today see what he says. I HATE thise WHITEHEADS, they make me look so unclean.

I know what you mean. And everytime my skin looks good again, and I think my life is ready to start again, something happens. I think this single pharse over and over in my head again.

It may apply to others.

I'm ___ years old. And I'm not living.

Hey guys, so today I've got my first appointment with my new derm. And you know what? If I could go there with a paper bag on my face, I WOULD. I just always feel like everybody's looking at my face all the time!.. Minutes are so long, all you can think about is your skin, and you feel your cheeks burning up, like they scream at me to clean them out !... Why is it so hard to get up every morning ?... I look at the window... see the world.. I feel stuck! I want to do so many things, and even if I did them with my acne, I wouldnt enjoy it. Just because it doesnt get any better.. anyway, so this is going to be a tough day, hoepfully I will see my derm and she will prescribe me accutane. I know she won't judge me, but the feeling of having somebody looking at me in the eye is so hard... I have to keep my head high and think that this is only a phase... So anyway I just want to tell you guys, that if you ever wake up in the morning and feel like shit, I am with you, we're not alone, so I think it's good to support each other. One day we will get up and feel free, confident!

You are doing the right thing by taking accutane.

If your acne is destroying your life (as sounds like) the risks are worth it.

Accutane changed my life is very positive way. I wish you all the best.

I know the pain life for people with acne is 1,000 times harder. I would give all the money in the world and then some more to wake-up and not have to worry about my skin some days i wonder how i even made it at all!

Edited by all in 87

I known the pain life for people with acne is 1,000 times harder. I would give all the money in the world and then some more to wake-up and not have to worry about my skin some days i wonder how i even made it at all!

:comfort:

I guess we're all in this together!... Bright days are not that far... Just gotta be patient (even if sometimes drives you f****** nuuuutsssssssssssss :wacko: )

Edited by Emylie

It's better when I wear makeup. Some days I don't want to. I like to think it gives my skin a chance to fight but then I can't look anyone in the eye and I don't bother with the rest of my appearance. Blah.

(even if sometimes drives you f****** nuuuutsssssssssssss :wacko: )

I know, right! :lol: It won't last 4ever though. ;) One day, you'll look back and laugh.......sort of. Hang in there, k?

(even if sometimes drives you f****** nuuuutsssssssssssss :wacko: )

I know, right! :lol: It won't last 4ever though. ;) One day, you'll look back and laugh.......sort of. Hang in there, k?

Yeah I think it's the best way to deal with acne, i'm sure that people who battled with acne and finally got rid of it, see life a different way. We're all changed inside

It's better when I wear makeup. Some days I don't want to. I like to think it gives my skin a chance to fight but then I can't look anyone in the eye and I don't bother with the rest of my appearance. Blah.

I know how you feel, trust me... the eyes of the people around me are like blades..They cut my heart in pieces when I feel somebody is just looking at me, even for 1 second! Deep inside I know they might just be looking at my hair .. or my eyes.. Without even staring at my skin you know? but I can't help it... I think it's the ONLY thing people see when they look at me, some days I feel like an old woman and i'm just 18. I think acne makes you feel like the ugliest person in the world, makes you forget all your good qualities...has if having acne would erase everything you've ever been to make you feel empty and angry... BUT!! we have to stop thinking like that... Everything is much worst in our heads... So if make up makes you feel better then wear some.. and tell you that one day you won't even need it anymore. Life is hard but acne SUCKS. :wall: