Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jerry2010

Caveman Regimen Question

I suffer from moderate acne and I recently decided to try the caveman regimen. I have only let water touch my face about twice in the last month or so... One of the main things I have noticed is that dead skin has started to build up like crazy... you can't see or notice it.. but I could itch my skin and remove a layer of dead skin.. ha. So I am wondering...

What happens to this dead skin? How does it go away if you don't wash your face?

I have my own theories on this dead skin mask and what not.. I believe it forms to heal the skin underneath it.. but what happens when the skin underneath it heals? What happens to the layers of dead skin? How does it go away?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Is it a thick layer of dead skin? That doesn't seem sanitary to me but what does Jaha know? lol

Edited by Jaha20

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Can I still wear makeup and go caveman? I know it sounds like a contradiction but I am soooo self conscious about my acne right now. I have more dark spots than I ever have. I also have more irritation and desperately want SOMETHING to work.

Edited by Jaha20

i thought the caveman regimen allows you to wash with water? i recently switched to washing with water in the am and a mild cleanser at night and for the first few days i was a little dry, but it eventually came off. i think you should rinse your face with water at least once a day, twice depending on how oily your skin is.

i read that the cavemen was no water at all...... should we rinse once a day then?

i definitely think so. water won't hurt your skin unless you're rinsing it too much and stripping it of its natural oils. i think twice a day is normal. i washed with water 3 times yesterday and woke up extremely oily. so i won't do that again. my boyfriend just washes once a day with water and has no problems at all.

Alright, will do this then..... Thanks for sharing that experience. Much appreciated. I sometimes also rub an ice cube to calm down inflammations.... Not sure it's effective though. :-)

no problem. let me know how it works.

icing them is ok, but i don't know about rubbing it on your entire face. cold water isn't good for your skin i hear.