Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkpeep

1 month long accutane course ?

After an exhausting 6 month battle in my final push to defeat the acne (amazing results! .. prolly gonna drop another long topic with the whole routine) my acne is down about 75-80%. Now as a final touch my dermatologist perscribed me a 1 month long accutane course, 20mg per day. I am not even discussing here whether to take it or not, I have done an imennse resurch over the past half a year and I am doing it. The only minor worry that I have is that i've never heard of a 1 month accutane course. The cummulative dosage comes at 600mg, which given my 65kg, is obviously not meant for a full scale roaccutane course. I have read about low-dosage courses (smth like 5 mg every second day for 6 months, which is again at around the 600mg dose, but never in just 1 month ? Do you think that it will work ?

P.S. My acne used to moderate to severe with mainly facial pimples and cysts. Now I can't really say that I am even moderate, rather mild to moderate, yet I do get an the ocassional deep cyst, which inevitably leaves a scar, and destroys my thrill to go out for at least a couple of days. So thats the main reason for the course.

My derm is also quite skilled and I trust her completely as she is really one of the best in my country. She also has about 100-150 accutane patiants.

Edited by Darkpeep
After an exhausting 6 month battle in my final push to defeat the acne (amazing results! .. prolly gonna drop another long topic with the whole routine) my acne is down about 75-80%. Now as a final touch my dermatologist perscribed me a 1 month long accutane course, 20mg per day. I am not even discussing here whether to take it or not, I have done an imennse resurch over the past half a year and I am doing it. The only minor worry that I have is that i've never heard of a 1 month accutane course. The cummulative dosage comes at 600mg, which given my 65kg, is obviously not meant for a full scale roaccutane course. I have read about low-dosage courses (smth like 5 mg every second day for 6 months, which is again at around the 600mg dose, but never in just 1 month ? Do you think that it will work ?

P.S. My acne used to moderate to severe with mainly facial pimples and cysts. Now I can't really say that I am even moderate, rather mild to moderate, yet I do get an the ocassional deep cyst, which inevitably leaves a scar, and destroys my thrill to go out for at least a couple of days. So thats the main reason for the course.

My derm is also quite skilled and I trust her completely as she is really one of the best in my country. She also has about 100-150 accutane patiants.

I have no idea what your Derm's rationale is for a 1 month Accutane course, but you are entitled to know so ask her for a detailed explanation. Accutane usually takes at least 2-3 months to show visible improvement, largely regardless of the dose taken.

You just need to check all the cases, in one month by my experience and what i have read, 80% chance of getting worst acne, it take atleast 2-3 months to start to work.