Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrewBP

BP dosage in non prescription products

Hey!

I have a question for anyone who may know the answer, hopefully others will also find it helpful. I am looking for products with Benzol peroxide in Europe. Over here the situation is quite different than in the US regarding pharmaceutical products, nevertheless I would like to find the right ones for me.

I am looking for 2.5% BP products, but the ones that are recommended on this website are mostly unavailable to buy where I live. Here, there are basically no drugstores as there are in the US (where I have lived previously for a few years, so I know how much you guys are blessed :)), if you go into a pharmacy (as they are predominantly called here) there are no shelves to browse, only the pharmacists at the counter can give you what you want to buy. I have searched the internet for products containing 2.5% BP as mentioned above, but none of them actually say how much percentage of BP it contains.

It usually states something along the lines of: 50 mg/g gel or something like that. Usually from 30mg/g to 100mg/g. Those are the non-prescription products that I can purchase. I have no idea how to figure out what that means. Can someone more knowledgeable please help me to figure out which one is the best to use?

Thanks a bunch.

Andrew

It usually states something along the lines of: 50 mg/g gel or something like that. Usually from 30mg/g to 100mg/g. Those are the non-prescription products that I can purchase. I have no idea how to figure out what that means.

30 mg/g = 3%, 50 mg/g = 5%, 100 mg/g = 10%, etc.

Go for the version with the smallest percentage. It'll work just as good, but it's less drying. Some people also like to use 10% as a spot treatment. As far as I know, Panoxyl is the only brand selling a 2.5% strength BP in Europe. Good luck!

It usually states something along the lines of: 50 mg/g gel or something like that. Usually from 30mg/g to 100mg/g. Those are the non-prescription products that I can purchase. I have no idea how to figure out what that means.

30 mg/g = 3%, 50 mg/g = 5%, 100 mg/g = 10%, etc.

Go for the version with the smallest percentage. It'll work just as good, but it's less drying. Some people also like to use 10% as a spot treatment. As far as I know, Panoxyl is the only brand selling a 2.5% strength BP in Europe. Good luck!

Simple as that. :) Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Dont know if Panoxyl is available where I live (Hungary by the way), but will make do with 3% stuff if I can't find it.

You're welcome! :D

I think Panoxyl 2.5% is sold in the UK mostly. Unless there are import restrictions for BP in Hungary, it shouldn't be much of a problem ordering it online. Alternatively, you could ask your local pharmacist if he's willing to prepare 2.5% BP gel for you. At least that saves you the shipping costs.