Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashleymoriah

Thoughts about Mac makeup brand?

I am on DKR and have been on it for the past 3 weeks. My face cleared at first but now I'm in the middle of a new breakout and I think it might have to do with starting my new pack of birth control. I hardly wear makeup anymore and when I do it's very min. I have never spent much money or attention on makeup and recently I decided I need to for my skin sake. All of my close girlfriends wear Mac makeup and never have problems with their skin, they always tell me how much they love it. Even one of my friends had past problems with acne, was even on Accutane and she doesn't see any problems with it.

So what I am wondering is, what are everyones thoughts on Mac and their face products? Is it safe to use on skin? Thanks guys.

I am on DKR and have been on it for the past 3 weeks. My face cleared at first but now I'm in the middle of a new breakout and I think it might have to do with starting my new pack of birth control. I hardly wear makeup anymore and when I do it's very min. I have never spent much money or attention on makeup and recently I decided I need to for my skin sake. All of my close girlfriends wear Mac makeup and never have problems with their skin, they always tell me how much they love it. Even one of my friends had past problems with acne, was even on Accutane and she doesn't see any problems with it.

So what I am wondering is, what are everyones thoughts on Mac and their face products? Is it safe to use on skin? Thanks guys.

i have used MAC studio fix powder/foundation off and on for years and never had any problems with it. i still breakout but i dont think its related to my makeup since i seem to breakout no matter what kind i wear. i have used the studio fix liquid foundation as well and really liked the coverage. its really helps to cover existing acne and acne scars. i also use the pro longwear concealer and it works really good.

Hi

My opinion:

Mac studio fix fluid - great coverage, looks great for first couple hours or so but turned me into an oily mess. I also noticed that I was getting little whitehead pimples all along my jawline and forehead. I thought that maybe it was my skin getting used to it so I tried it for about a month and noticed the breakouts were because of it. It also oxidized on me. My skin tone is already an NC40 but the SA said that I should use NC35 which was a little bit light but even than, it oxidized to a darker shade. Ooo and one of the main ingredients in this is ALGAE EXTRACT which is a 5 on the pore clogging scale.

Mac prep n prime - i hated this primer. didn't help my already oily skin. made me break out even worse. Also has algae extract which i bet contributed to my acne.

Mac studio fix powder foundation - Great coverage. Didn't really notice if it made me break out or not cuz I was using it at the same time I was doing my acne regimen. I stopped using it tho just to make sure.

ALL in all- I would really be cautious of using mac cosmetics especially if your acne prone, already have acne, or have oily skin b/c it can really clog your pores.

:D