Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jschuster207

Can I use the moisturizer before the BP?

As the title asks, can I? Mainly because when I get out of the shower, my face is really dry and flaky and I hate adding Dan's BP on my skin when it is like that because when I rub the BP in, it creates a nasty ball of dead skin (sorry to gross anyone out).

How about jojoba oil instead of moisturizer?

i apply a decent palmful of EVOO before i get out of the shower for the same reason, i HATE it when my skin gets dry and starts to burn and sting after a shower, and the oil seems to help that dramatically.

And the awesome thing about it? it doesn't hinder the effects of BP like moisturizer could.

Good luck with whatever you do end up doing though.

I read from various sites and from a youtube dermatologist (Dr. Schultz or something?) that putting moisturizer (or any other layer for that matter) on your skin beneath BP will render the BP almost useless. My guess is that in doing that, you're pretty much blocking the BP from truly penetrating your skin and continuing on with its oxidizing reaction. But then again, I'm no chemist.