Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tuesday56

I really need help, please!

Hey, I'm new here, I've only just decided to sign up but have been getting tips from this site for ages. I need to know what type of acne I have, and what I'm doing wrong! I'm 21 years old, I eat healthily, I do alot of excercise regularly and up unitl recently I was gently washing my face twice a day religiously. In the past I have tried the non-inflamed acne regimen to the letter, with 5% BP and Glycolic acid, The DK Regimen, with 5% BP, I've been prescribed Duac and BP washes, and I am currently 3 months in to my second course of Oxytetracycline.

The problem is that NOTHING works, my skin does not react to any of these treatments or different washes at all! I have tried each of them, except the antibiotics for at least 6 months, and nothing has any effect at all. My skin seems to actually be getting worse as I'm getting older, and it is affecting me in huge ways, both mentally and physically. I never touch my face, and if I catch a reflection of myself I have to look away. I can't look in 9/10 mirrors because of the lighting.

It's now got to the point where I have just stopped washing my face, I just rinse it with lukewarm water, I'm absolutely desperate and I could really use some decent advice! Anything will be appreciated, many thanks.

post-146023-1298217941_thumb.png

post-146023-1298217941_thumb.png

From your picture, it seems the bumps are worse around your hairline and where your beard grows, is that the case? It might be time to look into other possibilities- some conditions, like folliculitis (both bacterial and fungal) can look like acne but aren't, and don't necessarily respond to the same treatments. Have you dicussed it with your derm?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry I know the picture is not that great... the bumps are actually all over my face, the only places unaffected are under my eyes and about 1 cm in front of my hairline on my head. I don't really have any major body acne either. The best way to describe it would be that in certain lights I just have hundreds of tiny bumps, it is literally like 3/5 pores that are blocked. It's very rare that I have inflamed acne, just these small white bumps everywhere!