Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aviont

troubles getting my life back!

hi, guys.. i have been suffering from acne for as along as 4years till now, though i never cared about it untill last summer when i had terrible breakout.. still i was not enough concerned with that. But whenever i was out, people used to stare and my friends,family,etc. always comments on those. Then on i became self concious and after sometime i realised i have worst skin! I just literally stopped living life, always being at home treating my acne's, sticked to pc and tv. Stopped answering friends..

Now, my acne's have cleared a bit, though nothing compared to a clear skin guy. Still previously in this stage i used to enjoy my life at best. But now, my selfconsciousness is preventing me to get back a life. Whenever my friends ask me to go out.. i became scared, as if i have to pass all the way through hell( hell means outside my home!). Honestly i want to live like a normal teenager, my acne's are not that bad now.. but still i became scared by the thought of being in sunlight or any mall!

How u guys, i mean those who have suffered badly get their life back after a long struggle?

hi, guys.. i have been suffering from acne for as along as 4years till now, though i never cared about it untill last summer when i had terrible breakout.. still i was not enough concerned with that. But whenever i was out, people used to stare and my friends,family,etc. always comments on those. Then on i became self concious and after sometime i realised i have worst skin! I just literally stopped living life, always being at home treating my acne's, sticked to pc and tv. Stopped answering friends..

Now, my acne's have cleared a bit, though nothing compared to a clear skin guy. Still previously in this stage i used to enjoy my life at best. But now, my selfconsciousness is preventing me to get back a life. Whenever my friends ask me to go out.. i became scared, as if i have to pass all the way through hell( hell means outside my home!). Honestly i want to live like a normal teenager, my acne's are not that bad now.. but still i became scared by the thought of being in sunlight or any mall!

How u guys, i mean those who have suffered badly get their life back after a long struggle?

I'ts hard but just remember you only live once!!

This is sorta what I've experienced too. I'm clear now and can do everything I want, and I do. But at the same time I don't want to be part of anything superficial. Acne has affected me too much for me to just be like "okay I'm clear, new mind, new life." It doesn't really work like that and you'll always remember the lessons learned from acne, for better or for worse.

I can truly sympathize with someone who has moderate acne, and at the same time I have enough confidence to face even the clearest skinned people. It's just sad when you finally join the ranks of society again and notice how terribly superficial some people can be, passing harsh judgments just based on looks alone. That mentality I think is far worse than acne, and from my experience there's alot of people out there like that. I'm glad acne has taught me the invaluable life lessons of humility and compassion towards others, or maybe I'd have turned out the same way?

That said, just work on enjoying yourself first and work from there. Do everything that you enjoy, have fun, but don't try to force social situations on yourself if you're not ready. Accepting yourself and feeling good about yourself should be your first priority right now. Everything else will come naturally!

Edited by lightersUP