Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tiph8uh5knee

Can u fix dehydrated/oily skin and still use topicals for acne?

The skin on my face is very dehydrated and oily. (the skin on my body and scalp is just really dry.) I have had acne since I was 13. At 15 I was put on accutane. That kept me clear for 3 3 years.when I started breaking out again I tried lots of things And one day realized my skin was justmhorribly oily. (I really thing it was the use proactiv.) I've tried solo many things to rehydrate my skin but immerse have success. It seems like using gentle skin care (meaning no topicals or suff formacne) makes me break out. Right now the derm put me doxy epiduo and aczone. (the epiduo is helping some but that's it.) but obviously isnt helping my dehydrated skin. I wonder if spironolactone would get me to a Point where my skin isn't oily And I could care for it gently enough to get my skin back into it's proper state. Anyone have any ideas or anything?

From the front page of Aczone's website:

The most common side effects of ACZONE® Gel are dryness, redness, oiliness, and peeling of the skin being treated.