Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so I've "acne" for a few years now (They aren't pimples there small red spots and dots, and there are tiny blackheads or pimples along with the spots and dots.) They are only on my forehead and the sides of my head near my years. I have been on accutane for 2 and a half months now ( I took about 75 pills now all 40 mg) And started with 7 pills a week with my first box and now I'm doing 9 pills a week. I still have not seen any improvements after 2 and a half months now and haven't seen a big improvement. I have long enough hair to cover my forehead but no so long it goes to my neck (skateboard type) What should I do should I just stay on it and hope for the acne to go away? And also what happens if (god forbid) the acne DOESN'T work?!

Here a some pictures I took after being on two and a half months on accutane just to show what kind of acne I'm dealing with. (Sorry no before and after pics!)

CLICK pictures to see them BIGGER!!

post-145970-1298128701_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128727_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128736_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128744_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128753_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128765_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128701_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128727_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128736_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128744_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128753_thumb.jpg

post-145970-1298128765_thumb.jpg

Edited by hockeylover1

I'm surprised you went on accutane for some pimples near the hairline. Anyway, you should probably use a moisturizer if you aren't already; your face looks pretty dried out.

I'm surprised you went on accutane for some pimples near the hairline. Anyway, you should probably use a moisturizer if you aren't already; your face looks pretty dried out.

How is that a surprise?

You didn't really provide tons of information, but I'm hoping you're not too young; Accutane consistently stunts growth (stepbrother is 5'5"; only male in the family shorter than 6'2", and he took Accutane) and can cause joint pain and stiffness later in life if you're supposed to still be growing. Also, 40mg might not be enough for you depending on how big you are. With the exception of initial breakouts and not completing the cycle, Accutane either works or it doesn't.

You didn't really provide tons of information, but I'm hoping you're not too young; Accutane consistently stunts growth (stepbrother is 5'5"; only male in the family shorter than 6'2", and he took Accutane) and can cause joint pain and stiffness later in life if you're supposed to still be growing. Also, 40mg might not be enough for you depending on how big you are. With the exception of initial breakouts and not completing the cycle, Accutane either works or it doesn't.

Well I've been experiencing joint pain in my knees and it's been a pain when I'm running. I don't know if it's because of my earlier knee pain history but it has definately been worst. Im 5'7 and about 130 pounds. I'm hoping this works. Can you tell me what else I can do if accutane doesn't work? Im 16 years old.

Edited by hockeylover1

Well I've been experiencing joint pain in my knees and it's been a pain when I'm running. I don't know if it's because of my earlier knee pain history but it has definately been worst. Im 5'7 and about 130 pounds. I'm hoping this works. Can you tell me what else I can do if accutane doesn't work? Im 16 years old.

Anyone else with some help?

i would advise you to just stick with accutane since youve already gone on it for two months. do what your derms says in this case, if you want to get off it then ask your derm.

for now: wash with a gentle cleanser, and use a soothing moisturizer (jojoba, emu oil, aloe vera gel, cetaphil, cerave)

I also have long hair and put it over my forehead so I don't have to show anybody at school. So it stays there for about 6 hours and when I get home I put my hair up. I play hockey as well with my hair over my forehead but use a wet cloth to take the sweat out, BUT I asked my derm and he told me neither of those are the issue. So I don't know what to do please help.

im 16 too, been on 4 1/2 months of accutane and havent seen much improvement either =( but my doctor says this WILL work so we just gotta stay wit it.

Im sick and tired of this crap ive have it for about 3 years now. I dont want to cut my hair because then my acne is gonna show. I asked my derm and e told me hair and sweat dont affect the skin so WTF is going on Ive been on accutane for 3 and a half months and the forehead acne is still there! Please someone gimme a little help to improve it ! :(

ok so ive seen a hit of a change. the red spots have gotten a bit lighter but there are still some tiny bumbs and light red spots all over so anymore help please?