Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Things get better with age.

Like a lot of the younger people on this board, when acne first hit me at 17 (late developer or what!!) I was near suicidal, so self consious and laking in any confidence with both women and general people that I met at university. As a reasonably good looking guy I was gutted with the red marks and scars that had developed.

9 years later and things are a lot better and I believe it will be for many of you younger lot. You've just got to ride through the bad times. However bad.

Nowdays I don't get too many spots but have been left with some noticable scars. Nonetheless, your confidence grows as you mature and you place a lot less importance on the scars that remain. I think that for guys around my age (nearly 26) the signs of acne scars are not noticed that much by women provided you've 100% confidence in who you are and what you stand for. Rugedness is quite sexy in some ways.

Just though I'd give you my perspective. Hang in there. Hope it gets better for you all.

So when did your acne go away then? Cos I'm 20 right now and have had acne since 15. Plus, I go to university.

I think in many cases acne gets better with age, but not in all cases... My mother still gets acne and she is 50... Acne is a really chronic problem in my family... I have had it since I was 11, and I still have it at 20, and there' s sign that it's getting any better... I'm not going to rely on outgrowing it, because something tells me I'll be very dissapointed.

I think in many cases acne gets better with age, but not in all cases... My mother still gets acne and she is 50... Acne is a really chronic problem in my family... I have had it since I was 11, and I still have it at 20, and there' s sign that it's getting any better... I'm not going to rely on outgrowing it, because something tells me I'll be very dissapointed.

Yeah, she thinks she's nearing menopause though... That doesn't really make me feel any better though, because I don't want to have acne until I'm old, because by then more than half my life is over...

Anyway, I know that for many people they grow out of it earlier than that. I just wish I was one of those people, because I have a loooong way to go before I 'grow out of it' (30+ years)

Well I've had acne since I was 11 and i'm seeing an decrease now at 17(turning 18 soon). My hormone levels has also decreased severely , because I masterbate like once a week. I've been getting heaps of facial hair lately, too. So yeah age makes a huge difference in most people.

I'm 29 and will still have bouts of acne, only problem is it leaves bigger scars and my body doesn't heal as fast. As a general rule I would go get some treatment not matter what your age because some people don't grow out of it! However it does seem to decrease with age.