Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all,

Two questions: one, Dan says that it is okay to use AHA+ every night as a moisturizer as long as you have been on the regimen for long enough (I have been on it for 6 weeks). However, I read somewhere that using it every night does more harm than good. Any suggestions/advice on this topic?

Also, was wondering if jojoba oil could be used with AHA+ when used as a moisturizer. I don't see why not, just want to make sure.

If anyone wants to see pictures of my acne, go to my profile and click on the other post I started. All comments would be appreciated.

Thanksss.

I don't know much about using jojoba oil with the AHA, but I use the AHA every other night and it's been almost 2 weeks since I've had it? I feel a slight tingling sensation, but my friend who uses it doesn't feel anything and can use it every night. I do notice a difference the next day. It may be because my skin is somewhat thinner and not as resilient. It all depends on your skin! It's best to ex foliate as safely possible for your skin, according to Dr.Murad and many other derms. AHA does increase your susceptibility to sun damage, so make sure to wear a sunscreen. Personally, I think it's been great for my skin and improving it's texture, and getting rid of PIH. Hope this helps some!

I don't know much about using jojoba oil with the AHA, but I use the AHA every other night and it's been almost 2 weeks since I've had it? I feel a slight tingling sensation, but my friend who uses it doesn't feel anything and can use it every night. I do notice a difference the next day. It may be because my skin is somewhat thinner and not as resilient. It all depends on your skin! It's best to ex foliate as safely possible for your skin, according to Dr.Murad and many other derms. AHA does increase your susceptibility to sun damage, so make sure to wear a sunscreen. Personally, I think it's been great for my skin and improving it's texture, and getting rid of PIH. Hope this helps some!

Yeah, I think I am going to stick with every other night unless I hear that otherwise is better for my skin. I have mostly red marks and barely any active acne so I'm most concerned with evening out my complexion rather than avoiding pimples. Thank you for the response.

Best of luck to you.