Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vll

differin for blackheads

I've been battling with blackhead/non inflamed acne since I was about 15 (I'm now 20). I've gone to multiple dermatologists and tried almost every topical treatment (taz, duac, epiduo). In the middle of December, my newest dermatologist put me on doxy and differin and told me I would have an IB. I'm now two months into this regime (stopped taking the antibiotic for other reasons) and every morning I wake up with 3/4 new pimples!!! This is so aggravating because I dealt with occasional pimples and just wanted to treat blackheads/small bumps that are only visible in certain lighting. I have an appt coming up in March and am considering accutane, but only as a last resort as do all the bad things I've heard. I haven't tried retin-a so I was wondering people's success with non-inflamed acne and that and also anyone's opinions/results using accutane with moderate acne. I'm hopeless and getting ready to give up...

hey i've been on accutane.i was on it for like 6 months..and my skin was good for like 3-4 months..n it got back to hell. accutane did some shit to me.it made everythin so dry.esp my eyes, they got strained so bad, now i hv very weak eye-sight.:(

after that i took a break of about some months and got on doxycyclin 100 mg+adapalene gel.started workin aroun the 4-5th month and then stopped working.

i'd also like to try out retin-a.doin some readin.leme know.

hey i've been on accutane.i was on it for like 6 months..and my skin was good for like 3-4 months..n it got back to hell. accutane did some shit to me.it made everythin so dry.esp my eyes, they got strained so bad, now i hv very weak eye-sight.:(

after that i took a break of about some months and got on doxycyclin 100 mg+adapalene gel.started workin aroun the 4-5th month and then stopped working.

i'd also like to try out retin-a.doin some readin.leme know.

I'm terrified to try accutane and it's a last resort and seeing as so many people have said god thing about retin-a I may try that before... I'll update after my derm appt.

I've been battling with blackhead/non inflamed acne since I was about 15 (I'm now 20). I've gone to multiple dermatologists and tried almost every topical treatment (taz, duac, epiduo). In the middle of December, my newest dermatologist put me on doxy and differin and told me I would have an IB. I'm now two months into this regime (stopped taking the antibiotic for other reasons) and every morning I wake up with 3/4 new pimples!!! This is so aggravating because I dealt with occasional pimples and just wanted to treat blackheads/small bumps that are only visible in certain lighting. I have an appt coming up in March and am considering accutane, but only as a last resort as do all the bad things I've heard. I haven't tried retin-a so I was wondering people's success with non-inflamed acne and that and also anyone's opinions/results using accutane with moderate acne. I'm hopeless and getting ready to give up...

This is kind of par for the course with a retinoid. I broke out a lot when I first started using Differin too. It's normal. What products are you using with it? I.E. moisturizer, cleanser, treatments?

This is kind of par for the course with a retinoid. I broke out a lot when I first started using Differin too. It's normal. What products are you using with it? I.E. moisturizer, cleanser, treatments?

I currently use St ives green tea wash in the morning along with neutrogena combination skin moisturizer. I wear neutrogena's sheer mineral makeup. Then at night I was my face with the same facewash and apply my differin .1%. Should I maybe include some exfoliating at some point during the week? Never even crossed my mind to update my regime.

My gyno also put me back on Loestrin 24 so I'm hoping that'll make some improvements as well cause my skin started acting up once I was off of it...

Went back to the derm on Wednesday and told her I stopped using my differin and started using my epiduo samples. She also uped my dose of doxy to 100 mg twice a day for a month and were supposed to go from there.. I'm hoping to see a change soon because in May when I go back if things haven't, it's accutane time.