Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tac-Town Tony

New Here, and Papule Problem

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and thought it would be a good time to introduce myself and get some help with papules. Before I get into my issue, id like to say a little about myself and what i do to help fight my acne.

I'm 24 years old, and been dealing with acne since I was in high school. My acne seems to be more hormonal than anything, my dad had it when he was my age just as bad. It was so bad after high school that I ended up going on Accutaine and that eventually cleared me up pretty well. I eat a pretty good diet, only drinking water and green tea. Lots of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and some very lean chicken for protein. I wash my face twice a day, and afterwards apply aloe fresh from the plant to my face. Ever other day, I'll also use a Clearasil pad in between washing. Right now my acne isn't bad at all, and I notice as long as I exercise regularly, I don't break out much at all other the occasional white heads, but those are gone pretty quick.

That leads me into my issue. Even though my acne problem is pretty light now, I tend to get these papules recently. I'm pretty sure they are papules, as they are raised red inflamed bumps, 3-4 mm in diameter with no head and last for a long time. Some might of had a very small head at one point, but may have been opened up during a shower when washing and drying my face. Others, like the one I have now, have never had a head. The one im dealing with now has been here since last Friday or Saturday.

I'd like to know others experiences dealing with these little devils. I'm wondering if maybe I should use a heat pack on these to help speed the healing along and reduce size/swelling. I know most people would say Ice and ibuprofen, and while that has had some success in the past, it seems it just takes a long time with that method. I'd also like to know if anyone has had success using an aspirin mask on these, using just plain aspirin and aloe applied directly on the problem area. Last but not least, I do have Clean n Clear Persa Gel BP laying around, but have heard both positive and negative things about using it on acne, so I haven't been using it. Anyone think maybe using that before bed might help on these papules?

Thanks, and I apologize for the long post. Any feedback would be much appreciated. I have an event this weekend, and an even bigger one next week. I know it wont be gone before the weekend, but would like to at least get the redness and swelling down more before it. If all else fails, I don't have a problem borrowing some concealer for the spot for a few hours.

Edited by Tac-Town Tony