Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mia1984

My cure for acne ...and now it's yours! No more chemicals, no more pricey products!

I've been trying this for the past four days

Tastes disgusting, although I have noticed a few changes:

Got a few new whiteheads (nothing unusual about that) but when they pop, it's almost like clear water is coming out. Not really sure what this means, but it almost feels like there is less infection if it's just clear stuff coming out?

These whiteheads clear up quickly, within a day or two, rather than lingering as red bumps for a while like my skin normally does

My skin is naturally oily anyway so I didn't notice any more oil than normal

Tastes disgusting but at least I know something IS happening with my skin, as my whiteheads are different to normal so I'm definitely going to carry on and see what happens :)

I've been trying this for the past four days

Tastes disgusting, although I have noticed a few changes:

Got a few new whiteheads (nothing unusual about that) but when they pop, it's almost like clear water is coming out. Not really sure what this means, but it almost feels like there is less infection if it's just clear stuff coming out?

These whiteheads clear up quickly, within a day or two, rather than lingering as red bumps for a while like my skin normally does

My skin is naturally oily anyway so I didn't notice any more oil than normal

Tastes disgusting but at least I know something IS happening with my skin, as my whiteheads are different to normal so I'm definitely going to carry on and see what happens :)

Hi lwfjsjpsvjs,

I've been away for a few days, but I'm going to make sure that I check on this topic from time to time to see how people get on with this method.

I'm pleased to see that you noticed some change. I know it really does taste disgusting, but can you believe it that you can actually get used to it??

When I started this forum, I was actually having a break with this cure. I went through a rough time, emotionally, dealing with some awful things, ate really bad food (put on some weight too), and eventually got acne again. Although, it took more than a month to start getting them.

Now that I'm feeling better, I restarted drinking saltwater (4 days ago), and my skin is feeling way better than before. I'm going to keep doing it, because I have seen the results before.

By the way, white heads are normal at this stage. I used to call these 'healthy' white heads, because of the easy popping and faster healing compared to the spots I used to have. But a few days or a couple of weeks later, you will get rid of these too.

Keep me updated, I'd love to know about good results! ...or bad results if it wasn't helping someone, but I hope this is not the case.

i knw salt isnt good for the health

but heck hu cares atleast its better than Accutane

m gonna try this out :D:D

Btw u shud also chek the natural remedy forum sum girl has postd tht avoiding water an hour b4 and aftr meals helps

I'm very interested in trying your remedy. I'm so sick of having acne that I am at that point that I will basically try anything. But anyways, I take a charcoal supplement twice a day for detox in hopes that it might help my acne, do you think it could interfere with the effects of your remedy?

I'm very interested in trying your remedy. I'm so sick of having acne that I am at that point that I will basically try anything. But anyways, I take a charcoal supplement twice a day for detox in hopes that it might help my acne, do you think it could interfere with the effects of your remedy?

Hey lexib,

I don't think anything should interfere with the effects. Unless you mean salt with more salt! ;)

But anyway, try saltwater and if you don't like it, just stop. I'd recommend doing one week at least before you give up, unless you notice some changes I didn't describe.

Please give me a feedback about your results.

Thanks

You hear about ship-wrecked sailors dying from drinking too much saltwater. This is true--your body cannot process and pass seawater very well and drinking it should be avoided at all costs. Even a small amount will cause diarrhea, vomiting, dehydration and make you delirious. According to Mayo Clinic nutritionists in Arizona, ocean water is approximately three times saltier than your blood, which makes it physically impossible for your body to process it safely. The major problem with drinking salt water is the dehydration effect, which can lead to seizures, brain damage, unconsciousness, comas and even death...The unhealthy habit of abusing and overeating salt without drinking enough fresh water has led to heart disease, high blood pressure and obesity in many people. It is recommended that you eat about 5g of salt each day (depending on your age, health, size, etc.) for natural upkeep of the necessary salt levels within the body. However, most Americans eat about 12 to 15g each day and their health shows the unnatural effects this can cause. People over 50, African Americans, people with hypertension and heart disease or kidney problems should avoid salt in their daily diets and focus instead on hydration. Drinking even just 6 oz. of fresh water every day will prevent the effects of dehydration.

Salt Water Effects on the Body:

Salts and water are essential to maintain function, growth and development of the body. Salt is critical to regulate level of water in the body and it manages fluid surrounding the cells and promotes health blood circulation. But, consuming salts and drinking salt water are quite different. Less amounts of salt water is harmless, but excess amounts of salt water is hazardous to health. Drinking salt water can lead to various health disorders -

Sickness

Severe dehydration

Brain damage

Death

Salt Water Functioning in the Body:

The metabolic system of the body is affected and cannot function properly.

Body metabolism tries to hydrate the body by every water molecules present in the body.

This leads to rest of the body to stop functioning properly.

Once the body is dehydrated, the body could go into coma and even brain damage.

The excess amounts of salts can be carried to the kidneys, which can not hold the load of salts and ultimately stops all the bodily functions and leads to death.

If you want to condone this, OP, speak to YOUR DOCTOR, ask if this little procedure of yours is genuinely healthy, and then come back with what he/she has told you. Self-medicating in ANY way is not healthy, at all. Daily salt intake is not being mentioned, and who knows if that would interfere. We already get way more salt than we need.

Hey lexib,

I don't think anything should interfere with the effects. Unless you mean salt with more salt! ;)

But anyway, try saltwater and if you don't like it, just stop. I'd recommend doing one week at least before you give up, unless you notice some changes I didn't describe.

Please give me a feedback about your results.

Thanks

Well my face was very oily which isn't usual for my face so i'll keep it up! Thanks alot

Edited by lexib

Reply to 'ashley is hxc!~*~' Date Mar 11, 2011, 04:38 PM Post 3048175

Wow.

You quoted someone talking about ship-wrecked sailors, who have nothing else to drink, but salt water ?! That's a ludicrous extreme!! Of course you are going to die if you drink salt water of that amount. Use your common sense please! And yes, you could die, even if you drink much less than that, but the quantity I suggested should be rather beneficial for your body than harmful.

I also told people on this forum that should diarrhea or vomiting occur, it's because they are using too much salt. Remember? "One tsp is way too much!" Find what suits your body best!

Obviously, I should have mentioned daily salt intake. There has to be a limit. I'm an average 'salt eater'. I put salt in all other food just like average people do. Half tsp will NOT kill you, as long as this is not the only fluid you drink. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER DURING THE DAY!

People should NOT automatically refuse the idea that there may be a simple and natural solution to their problem.

There are a lot of people, who will tell me off because of this method, and I expect it. I didn't post this recipe on this forum to gain anything, or to listen to the comments of those shallow people, who just repeat everything they hear without thinking. Don't take me wrong, I agree, that it's good to warn people about possible risks in a reasonable manner.

I just don't agree with those who read my topic and then all they see out of everything I say is "drink salt water and you will be beautiful". They search the web and repeat someone else who says salt water will kill you. But what are the circumstances? What quantity?? None of the specifics are taken into account.

This is my experience, not something I made up overnight. I have been drinking salt water for several months and, surprisingly, I'm still alive. Furthermore, there is absolutely no change in my general health, apart from major improvements of my skin.

Again, people are different. What helps me, may not be the cure for you.

I had emphasized it in my previous posts already, but before anyone misunderstands me, let me clear one thing. We are not talking about drinking salt water in large quantities or instead of clear water. This cup of salt water does NOT count towards your daily water intake. You MUST drink plenty of water during the day, otherwise, yes, you may even die.

If you think it might be dangerous, don't even think about trying this method. Believe me, I don't care if you do it or not.

If you want to try it, but you want to make sure it's supervised, that's OK. There are places where the benefits of drinking salt water are recognized. These are usually thermal baths with hot springs. This water is really salty, awful tasting, so when I was little I didn't understand why people were willing to drink it. People actually go to these places to get cured of a number of diseases.

I think one of these baths is in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic.

I will amend my initial post to suggest readers to speak to their doctor before they drink salt water. Especially those with existing health issues, pregnancy, or people whose daily salt intake is higher than average.

...rather long reply, didn't mean to write a novel.

Well my face was very oily which isn't usual for my face so i'll keep it up! Thanks alot

Hi lexib,

Thank me when it cures you.

Please refer to my initial post again, which now includes some more warnings about salt water.

I'm still drinking salt water and no harm whatsoever, but I realize that some people's thinking and habits are different from mine.

Edited by mia1984