Notifications
Clear all

Peanuts!?

MemberMember
(@dnttreadonme900)

Posted : 02/16/2011 5:12 pm

Ok so I went for a physical a few weeks ago and mentioned how bad my allergies are, runny nose, headaches, itchy eyes, etc. My doctor gave me some meds for it and asked if I had any pets. I have a cat so she said she'll test me for allergies for cats, dogs, and some foods too just for the heck of it.

Got the results back today. I am allergic to cats and dogs, still keeping my kitty though! And peanuts.

Peanuts? I've been eating and loving peanut butter related goodies for 22 years! Never had I noticed a reaction of some sort! At least until I thought about it for a second...

I had a breakout on my face monday, pretty decent breakout. Considering I'm about to get my period, that seems semi-normal except it was a larger than normal breakout. I usually get 1 or 2 pimples not 10! Anyway, I also remember on Saturday night I stuffed my face full of chocolate peanut butter brownies, they were very delicious.

Connection? Could my breakouts come from peanuts?

MemberMember
(@tangerine)

Posted : 02/16/2011 8:16 pm

That... or chocolate sugar filled brownies! :)

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 02/16/2011 8:49 pm

Haha yeah, but the food intolerance could most definitely be the cause. Peanuts seem to give me problems as well, so sad. Peanut Butter is probably my most favorite food. I'm going to give it another try in a month or two and test the reactions.

MemberMember
(@elfgirl)

Posted : 02/16/2011 9:23 pm

Same here. I break out so bad on my neck from peanuts that I look like I have chickenpox! I love them and peanut butter and any kind of nut really and its the same for all of them. Sucks! Elf

MemberMember
(@treefase93)

Posted : 02/16/2011 9:27 pm

Peanuts make me break out a little too. We'll just have to see what that 42 oz. peanut butter and hot fudge milkshake I had today does to me (1500+ calories of delicious).

MemberMember
(@jen403)

Posted : 08/12/2021 7:09 pm

I'm 10 years late to this thread but for what it's worth - I get massive cysts on my face whenever I eat peanuts! I had to discover this on my own. First I discovered it in dairy, now peanuts. I notice my brother also has the same problem when eating peanuts.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 08/22/2021 10:56 pm

If the person eats something that contains the nut, the body thinks these proteins are harmful invaders and responds by working very hard to fight off the invader. This causes an allergic reaction. Even a small amount of peanut or tree nut protein can set off a reaction.