Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
irving91605

My (Claravis) Accutane update log starting 2/15/11

Well I'm going to start this update log for the reason that I want people to see the process of my Accutane (Claravis) drug and how it affects me so hopefully when I'm done with this Med. people suffering from acne will see it they are interested in taking this or not.

First a little bit about me, im 17 years old I attend high school I live in CALI, NoHo and I been suffering from Acne since my late 8th grade so I think its been like about 3-4 years I started off with just a bit of acne and as the years past I began to break out more and that jst killed my self esteem and confidence, I think I started to get a sort of infected acne that no counter products help I mean I tried everything from Proactive to Clean & Clear to Neutrogena to other acne fighting products and methods I even tried Manuka Honey, home remedies even hot steem and as you guys have read mostly everything and then I started RX Acne med. I starting going to my dermatologist and I started taking some 100mg pills (I forgot the name) I took those for 4 months and they just controlled my acne for a short period of time and then after I started to break out even more than I ever had so I told my dermatologist that it wasnt working for me anymore and besides this med. gave me nasty stomach aces, so she prescribed to me Doryx 150mg, I started to take that med. and it was doing me real good for the first 2 months until 1 day I got sick and i stopped taking them so I can take Advil and this was only for 1 week and between that break from Doryx I began to break out again so after I was feeling better I started to take Doryx again and I lasted 3 months with it until I noticed that it was just keeping me in control until but if I discontinued to take it I would break out again((((I DONT RECOMMEND DORYX IT MESSED WITH MY HEAD AND MADE ME ACCESS MY MENTAL REALM WHICH IS NOT GOOD))))) .

So my doctor told me about Accutane and I did my research and I was impressed with the variety of logs that I saw, so I decided to talk to my mom about putting me on Accutane and she said yes because she knows how much ive suffered from acne in my past 3 years, so I decided to STARTTTT ACCUTANE!! and you just have to go through the iPledge stuff and thats it its real easy and also get tested on your blood to see how healthy your liver continues

and I dont have any sort of insurance so I got my Accutane (Claravis) @ Costco and its really cheap just about 250$ for the 40mg, 30pills and besides everything @ Costco is high quality and good.

SO here are some pictures of Day 1 and Day 2 and everyday ill keep updating this so who ever is interested in checking how Accutane works keep checking this daily, ill be updating it everyday either in the afternoon or nite time. SO WISH ME LUCK WITH ACCUTANE(CLARAVIS) and hope it works. :)

post-145847-1297891875_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1297891896_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1297891911_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1297891924_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1297891875_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1297891896_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1297891911_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1297891924_thumb.jpg

Edited by irving91605

Day 1- I had 1 big pimple on my right cheek bone decrease size and minor pimples decrease size

Day 2- I felt my face less oily than average

im already noticing results and its jst been the second day

Edited by irving91605

Day 3 - My face felt itchy and less greasy but my doctor had told me that it was going to get worst before it got good so i was expecting it and good thing its happening now and not later

and my lips started to get more dry but i been using my chap stick

post-145847-1298087840_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298087856_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298087840_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298087856_thumb.jpg

Day 4 - My face started to break out more but like i had mentioned in day 3 and hopefully the worst goes away so the good can come from the med.

and my lips really started to get chapped and i been using chap stick every other 15 min

post-145847-1298087995_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298088008_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298087995_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298088008_thumb.jpg

Day 3 - My face felt itchy and less greasy but my doctor had told me that it was going to get worst before it got good so i was expecting it and good thing its happening now and not later

and my lips started to get more dry but i been using my chap stick

Good luck man, I'm on my 7th day (80mg claravis).

On Feb 1st I went to my derm and we talked about putting me on accutane. I was uninsured and she advised me to apply for insurance the same day and come back when I was approved so she can then write the prescription for me. (Great advise I was given)

February 9 2011 I was notified by blue shield that I was approved. I saw my derm two days later. She then wrote my prescription for Claravis 40mg twice a day. As soon as I left her office I went to wallgreens and paid only $10 as a copay for the tane.

Although my premium is $167 it's still far less than what I'd be having to pay out of pocket so getting insurance was a no brainer to me. I could be paying hundreds of dollars per month for visits, prescriptions and bloodwork. I just wish I was insured this whole time, I would have saved a couple thousand. It sounds like a hassle to find a provider with the right coverage but it's certainly easier (and in my case) faster to obtain than is seems. You should probably look into it.

Hey! First of all I want to wish you good luck with your Accutane course. You've tried alot of stuff before, hopefully Accutane will be the one that puts an end to this hassle!

Your initial breakout started rather early, mine started after 2 weeks and I'm taking a 40mg tablet daily. But yeah I heard it's totally normal, because the medication is causing the glands to become smaller and to secrete the oil that's been accumulating there.

Are you on 40mg pill per day as well?

Hey! First of all I want to wish you good luck with your Accutane course. You've tried alot of stuff before, hopefully Accutane will be the one that puts an end to this hassle!

Your initial breakout started rather early, mine started after 2 weeks and I'm taking a 40mg tablet daily. But yeah I heard it's totally normal, because the medication is causing the glands to become smaller and to secrete the oil that's been accumulating there.

Are you on 40mg pill per day as well?

Yeah thanks and hope it works out for u as well

and yes im on the 40 mg a day

oh yeah. KTOWN here G. Wilshire/Vermont 213

thanks man im hoping this works out for me and hopefully for u as well

and about the insurance i cant recieve it because im not a citizen so i wont get approved but good thing costco charges at a low price

Well my ma got it for me through insurance but I'm takig Accutane 20mg twice a day. I'm 17 just like you so I'll be sure to keep up on your log. Prepare for an IB!

good luck bro...im in my 5th month now...and i've only gotten 1-2 significant pimples in like the last 3 months and mine used to be pretty bad....just get through the first month and it really does get better from there.

Sorry I havent updated I left out of city this weekend and I didnt have internet access to upload pictures and i also didnt have my camara but ill be making sure to keep updating

but

Day 5 - My skin started do decrease in the oiliness and my lips are getting more chapped

Day 6 - My skins really starting to soothe all my pimples arent popping out they all calmed down and I havent been getting any new pimples and im really happy about that and again with my lips they been super chapped lol but im still using my chapstick

Day 7 - I woke up really good from my face its still soothe but the only difference from day 7 is that my lips get more chapped - EVERYDAY my skin improves and i see results

and here are some pictures for day 7 (1st week)

post-145847-1298311720_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298311739_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298311720_thumb.jpg

post-145847-1298311739_thumb.jpg

Well my ma got it for me through insurance but I'm takig Accutane 20mg twice a day. I'm 17 just like you so I'll be sure to keep up on your log. Prepare for an IB!

thanks man and hows it working for u

good luck bro...im in my 5th month now...and i've only gotten 1-2 significant pimples in like the last 3 months and mine used to be pretty bad....just get through the first month and it really does get better from there.

dam congrats and i cant wait till im in that month

and im really hoping it does get better by then