Notifications
Clear all

Full article for Subcision-Suction method!

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/15/2011 10:10 pm

The full article for the subcision-suction method has been posted online! It includes details, like what instrument was used for suction, how many passes and how long the suction lasted, etc.

Link to article

Step 2: Suctioning period

Considering the recurrence period of subcised scars, our protocol for suctioning was: starting suction sessions on the 3rd day after subcision and continuing at least every other day for 2 weeks.

We explained to the patients about maximum scar re-depression from the 3rd to 10th day after subcision and the potential effect of having more frequent suctioning within this period on the outcome. Therefore, based on their possibility to come to the clinic, the patients could have different suctioning sessions in the first week of suction period: at least every other day or even daily. In the 2nd week, all patients had every other day suctioning.

Suction procedure.‚ Suctioning was performed with a hand-piece of microdermabrasion device-Clair Derm Australia-(without crystal abrasion, with a 5 mm disposable nozzle) by a trained nurse, on the subcised scars, which had the same level as the skin or depressing. Suctioning was performed by both vertical and horizontal hand-piece motions non-traumatizingly.

In the beginning of suction period, elevated lesions were not suctioned until they became flat. On the first days, we used less negative pressure; but in the subsequent sessions, depending on the condition of scars, we could increase negative pressure (even to maximum: ˆ’70 mmHg), length of time (not more than 4 s in each pass) and the number of suctioning passes (even 8“12 passes) per session.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/15/2011 10:23 pm

Take a look at the before and after pics of subcised pitted and boxcar scars.

Aren't those results amazing? This is really exciting!

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 02/15/2011 10:52 pm

it really is EXCITING i cant wait!!!! i think this suction subcision plus fraxel repair and recell would cure my deep deep scars.. now the question is when the hell is this going to be available for the public!

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/15/2011 10:54 pm

I know, seeing the before and after pics have really lifted my spirits! :) I'm definitely going to try this within the next year, the sooner the better.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/15/2011 11:15 pm

I'm probably going to have the subcision done, then try suction on my own. I have a small microderm machine at home, so I'll use that.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/17/2011 10:18 pm

bump :)

MemberMember
(@bambeano)

Posted : 02/18/2011 12:47 am

I recall that suction gadget for white/black head. I saw one at the dollar store. I guess someone could use that after a subcision.

MemberMember
(@mail8)

Posted : 02/22/2011 5:43 am

when is this treatment open to the public? i see it was done in australia and i live in australia so any information on where or what doctor preformed it would be much appreicated thanks.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 02/23/2011 12:52 am

when is this treatment open to the public? i see it was done in australia and i live in australia so any information on where or what doctor preformed it would be much appreicated thanks.

I thought the study was done somewhere in the Middle East? No one really knows about it yet, I've only heard of one person on this board whose dermatologist knew how to do it and was going to try it. It was only published a few months ago.

I'm going to send a link to whoever I go to for subcision.

MemberMember
(@starlite)
MemberMember
(@mail8)

Posted : 03/01/2011 4:27 am

surely someone knows of a dermatoligist who does this procedure? i dont understand how this can show such good results but no one can find a doctor to conduct it? is it impossible to get in contact with the doctors who did this study? so frustrating its ridiculous.. its like yes we will post this article that shows great improvement in acne scars but good luck finding a doctor who does it. argh

MemberMember
(@mr-don)

Posted : 03/01/2011 2:30 pm

link is broken

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 03/02/2011 12:36 am

link is broken

I can still access the article, so the link is not broken for me...

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 03/02/2011 12:39 am

surely someone knows of a dermatoligist who does this procedure? i dont understand how this can show such good results but no one can find a doctor to conduct it? is it impossible to get in contact with the doctors who did this study? so frustrating its ridiculous.. its like yes we will post this article that shows great improvement in acne scars but good luck finding a doctor who does it. argh

The study is still relatively new. I don't know many dermatologists or plastic surgeons to begin with that offer subcision, and this procedure only has one article published about it. Most PS and derms want to push laser...they make more $, and they're trying to pay off the laser in their office...

I would find a doctor/PS that offers subcision and show them this article. That's what I'm going to do. The suction is something you can do at home, anyway, you don't need a doctor to do it.

MemberMember
(@mr-don)

Posted : 03/02/2011 7:03 am

link is broken

I can still access the article, so the link is not broken for me...

Now it's working. Maybe used to be a server problem.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 03/02/2011 11:33 am

I am thinking of subcision soon, although I am consulting with a plastic surgeon not a dermatologic surgeon, wondering if he will be good. I think if we were to go in every other day for the first week after subcision and then some into the second week that would be a lot of office visits making this procedure more costly. I don't see why we can't just massage the lumps starting on the third day creating blood there just like the suctioning would do. Also some doc's like to put filler in afterwards which would keep that pocket under the scar filled longer, which is what the suctioning does, it creates more space under the scar so it doesn't reattach itself.

MemberMember
(@zante)

Posted : 03/02/2011 6:29 pm

Recurrence rate, meaning what? The likelihood of the treatment only working in the short term?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 03/02/2011 10:36 pm

Recurrence rate, meaning what? The likelihood of the treatment only working in the short term?

Feel free to read the whole article, I just posted the part that described how suction was performed, which was missing in the abstract from months ago. Yes, most subcised scars tend to get tethered down again, which is why multiple treatments are usually necessary if you don't use a filler or this suction method.

MemberMember
(@jesture)

Posted : 03/03/2011 4:22 am

Thanks a million for posting this. I'm definitely going to try it the next time I go in for subcision.

MemberMember
(@progression)

Posted : 03/04/2011 5:37 pm

I'm emailing this to my doctor.

Thanks for sharing

MemberMember
(@progression)

Posted : 03/04/2011 6:12 pm

Did you guys read this?

"In subcision, due to release of fibrotic tissue, scar surfaces separate from underlying attachment and blood dermal pocket is formed beneath the scar. Blood not only acts as a short-term spacer to keep the tissue from early attachment,4,6 but also the subsequent organization of blood is thought to induce connective tissue formation and correction of the defect.6,9 "

The last line quoted is incredible. I think now is the time to be enthused about acne scar treatment as this was always thought to be false. However, it appears it was due to it being held back down during the recovery period. They find that more suctions in the re-depression period (3rd to 10th day) will negate the re-depression. How simple is that?

MemberMember
(@mclarensupra)

Posted : 03/18/2011 3:49 pm

This is almost the full cure for acne scars, yet people are not paying attention. Over 80% in improvement is better than everything else out there. I wont let subcision-suction go down the drain in this forum. For some reason this always happens, something good comes out, and it secretly disappears like always.

MemberMember
(@bxplayboy7)

Posted : 03/18/2011 7:56 pm

I wonder if this in a way can be incorporated with something such as needling.. Some people here use needles to attack the scar subscision style... I actually have myself but some scars showed zero improvement(temple scar) which means they were really tethered down.. If this could somehow be used in conjuction with needling since it breaks down scar tissue maybe it could improve the results as well

MemberMember
(@mail8)

Posted : 03/20/2011 9:54 am

the search for a derm who does this procedure continues.. they would make a killing too i would pay big money for it :(

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 03/20/2011 10:00 am

Hey everyone, I would look for a dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon that offers subcision first, then show them this article.