Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

With my summer job ending, I figure that I don't need my greasy SPF30 moisturizer anymore... So the hunt is on for a new moisturizer.

Right now I'm trying to fade the red marks that remain on my face, and I know that a lot of moisturizers contain stuff like glycolic acid, AHAs, and BHAs that are suppose to help.

Which chemical is the most effective for fading red marks? My skin is quite hardy, so I don't think irritation will be a problem.

And what's a good % of active ingredient so that it will be effective?

Any recommendations?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance smile.gif

I like Eucerin Renewal (spf 15) - it has sodium lactate and lactic acid in it, barely perceptible scent as well..

I dont know much about chemicals or anything, but my skin dries out in a snap. I put a thin layer of Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera on problem areas...then Oil of Olay for Sensitive Skin (no spf) all over. I am very comfortable with this combination. Since Oil of Olay is a little splenny, at night I use Cetaphil instead of Oil of Olay. It's cheaper, comes in big quantity. It just seems to have a greasy feel to it...so I just use it at night.