Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boost

The Regimen - Long Term

Hi guys I've been on the regimen for about 5 days and it's working great so far. I just got the bp gel in the mail (been using neutrogena OTS before it) and put it on. So far I like it a lot more than the neutrogena OTS. Anyway, the reason I wrote this post was because I'm curious to see how well the regimen works long term for you guys. When i say long term I mean a year or more. I'm 31 yrs old and have moderate acne. Like a lot of you, I've tried everything short of accutane including proactive, b5, detox, murad, you name it i've tried it. Most recently I tried botchla's regimen for the past 5 months until it stopped working. What I'm getting at is that everything I try that works only works for a period of time say 3 to 6 months and then stops working. It's like my skin takes a time to adapt to whatever i'm using and then it's back to square one with my acne. I am optimisticly hoping that Dan's regimen will be different but at the same time I'm very skeptical because of my previous experiences. I know Dan says on the site that skin cannot become resistant to bp but then I dunno how my skin has adapted to the previous bp based acne medication that i've tried. hmmm maybe Dan's way of gentle cleansing and application makes all the difference? I hope so because I'm tired of being on this acne roller coaster. Anyone had similar experience as me but Dan's regimen actually worked for you long term?

I've benen on it for almost a month, and I've gone from mild to almost clear! Im also wondering how well it works long term..like will I somehow become IMMUNE to it? lol

I used the regimen from feb 03-feb 04 and it kept me pretty clear. Then for reasons I can't quite understand things started to go pear-shaped - I had the impression that the regimen stopped working. But at the same time I had become a little cavalier with my routine, started to add in other products, was being a bit lax about touching my skin etc. Anyway I resolved to go back onto the regimen relgiously about two months ago. And what do ya know? I cleared up again.

Mercer has been using the regimen for at least two years. Dan himself has been doing the regimen for 7 years I believe.